How Can I share posts into groups with Facebook for iOS?

LadiJae

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
On android using the fb app I can share posts into groups, is this not an option on the iPhone ??? Or am I missing something??? I can only share on my timeline.

~ Sent from my Sexy iPhone 5s Gold on Tapatalk ~

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Using the Facebook app... hit the Share link... then 'write post'... then at the bottom, tap "on your own timeline" to select where the post will go.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Looking at the app, when you are making a post, at the top left under the "cancel" button there is a "to" and then the recipient field...open that by pressing it and it opens all of your recipient options (including groups).

Edit...just realized you asked about sharing. And that it was already answered. Durrrr...sorry.

LadiJae

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Using the Facebook app... hit the Share link... then 'write post'... then at the bottom, tap "on your own timeline" to select where the post will go.

It does nothing when I tap except have my pic there checked, I can't chAnge it

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Right next to "To:" it should say "Friends", click on Friends and it will allow you to should allow you to choose who it is shared with (including groups).

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
There has been a lot of updates to the FB App lately have you tried it in Safari

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

LadiJae

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
There has been a lot of updates to the FB App lately have you tried it in Safari

Only the mobile fb comes up in safari, it works the same. Can't so it.

Would have to go on chrome browser and use the desktop site for Facebook to be able to share it to a group

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
To share an already posted status to a group, you have to click share next to that post > select copy link to post > go to the group page > select post > then paste the link. I am by no means a Facebook expert (haven't logged in in months) but I needed to do this awhile ago.

Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Helder Rodrigues

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
hi, has anyone found a solution for this.

I have tried to contact facebook but no luck, it's really a missing feature in the app. On android i am able to share a post in to a group, why not in ios??!!

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Only the mobile fb comes up in safari, it works the same. Can't so it.

Would have to go on chrome browser and use the desktop site for Facebook to be able to share it to a group

You actually can get on the full site in Safari follow pic below
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1392988935.327658.jpg

LadiJae

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
With the Facebook update they fixed the issue...we can now share into groups !!!

~ 💬 Sent from my Sexy  iPhone 5s Gold 💋 ~

vivekgopal

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I was struggling with the same in my iPhone 5s. Happened to discover it today so thought of sharing it.

To forward a post from your personal Facebook page to a closed group page, click on the share icon to the bottom right of the post which you want to share.

Select option "write post"

Then between the "cancel" button on the left and the "post" button on the right, you would find a "share" button with a downward arrow beside it.

Click this button and it gives you the options where to forward the post to. select "group" and then select the specific group with which you want to share the post with.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR