• I would be camped outside the store

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't buy a $2,400 cell phone PERIOD, regardless of brand or trim line. These kinds of products are very niche based marketing tools though...if you remember a few years back when Ferrari did the same thing on both a phone AND laptop computer...and marked the price up enormously.

TiredOfPhoneWar

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Someone who has iphone5s, nexus 5, htc, z10 ,samsung s4 had spent equivalent like 2400$ ,since i want only invest on ios ecosystem i guess 2400$ is not exagerate, that is not much. Im sure you guys have 2400&$ equivalent phones you have more than one phone dont you?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
If I was maxed out on memory and the massive 256GB would make me able to work with ease and I had the money I would do it. I have always bought my iPhones at full price to get them factory unlocked. So I have paid $1000 on a 32GB iPhone twice (4 and 5). Many of you who said you wouldn't and it's too much add up how much you have paid for data over the lifetime of your contract. I buy an iPhone for full price and I have control over what data plan I need and whether I need it or not for a certain period of time. So yeah I would spend it that is not a totally ridiculous price, as is evident by the people who spent a lot more simply to get a gold iPhone 5s.

If I were rich or won the lottery it would be an afterthought. I would do it without even blinking. Money is meant to make life better and more enjoyful. So if I'm sitting on millions why would I even think twice about $2400? I have an uncle who worked for years. He and his wife never went on vacation, never bought new clothes and bought everything at the cheapest price possible. They paid off their mortgage in their 40s and now that he's retired they have a ton of savings. The problem is can they really enjoy the money now as much as they could when they were younger? They have also been so miserly for so long that even though they are retired, house is paid off and they have bank. They still don't spend it because it's become a habit and it's hard to break. Life is too short my uncle could just as easily died years ago no one knows. What good would his sacrifices have been then? I think it's all about balance and enjoying life. I better stop now lol. Just my 80 cents.

Sent from my Space Grey iPhone 5s

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Someone who has iphone5s, nexus 5, htc, z10 ,samsung s4 had spent equivalent like 2400$ ,since i want only invest on ios ecosystem i guess 2400$ is not exagerate, that is not much. Im sure you guys have 2400&$ equivalent phones you have more than one phone dont you?

I mean yes, technically the total of all of my phones over the years has probably well exceeded that number...not sure I see the relevancy to a single device costing this much though. I've also probably spent several thousand dollars on video games in my life, doesn't mean I'd buy an Xbox that cost $10k.

DarkBlade_95

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Nah, not really. That sort of money could get me 2 consecutive off-contract upgrades and a new fountain pen! Why spend that amount on a device which goes the way of the dodo bird each year?

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
There is no way that I would spend extra money on a special edition iPhone that didn't offer any other features aside from aesthetics.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
lol looks like I'm in the minority here. I think it all depends on 1. Can you afford it? and 2. Do you have a reason to buy it? for me if I had the money I'd buy it. Right now I wouldn't buy it becasue I don't have the money like that to spend on it easily without thinking of all the other things it could have gotten me. However I'm the same guy that spent 15K on parts to modify a car so I think there are people out there that will be willing to buy it easy and then the majority of people wouldn't.

projectman

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Nope. If I had that kind of money I would spend it on something like...I dunno...food and clothes for my kids... Seriously though, it is just a phone. Talk about your "1st world" problem. ;-)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro