Has anyone ever seen the iPhone Temperature warning?

IIJBII

Jul 24, 2004
Visit site
I've seen it a few times on hot summer days. It's usually when I don't have the phone tucked away (like i should).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

iBright

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Guess I'm lucky then or some kinda cooler in my phone? If I say I've ever seen that message before then it's a big lie . I sometimes even leave it in the sun whiles playing football n never had that message yet. Will try next though lol

iPhone 5S using tapatalk

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I have seen it while I am laying in the sun (I know it's bad for me) I am usually listening to music at the same time. Maybe the combo does it

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Just has it this weekend on the back porch. Relaxing outside for a few hours... Phone was hot as hell... So I guess we both got a bit sunburn.....

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I do not recall ever seeing that particular warning -- At least not since the iPhone 4S....:)

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
This has been implemented since the original iPhone. Only time I saw it was on my 4S when I was in Las Vegas in July standing outside at a pool party. It was unbearable to even hold. Thing was hot as hell.

Larry Fostano

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Actually this happened to me this morning,was listening to a podcast as I was walking for exercise.I generally walk 4 miles or more so I know approximately how far and how long it took before I got the message.I had my phone in my jacket pocket because it was snowing out,temps were in the 20's.I was about 30 minutes into my walk when the podcast stopped ,I looked at the screen and seen that familiar temperature icon and warning message.Took the phone out and exposed it to the outside air thinking that it could not get enough air circulation in my pocket.It did not help ,it must have to shut down in a safe mode for a given amount of time ,whatever that is ,either internal temp or combination of time/temp.I got home about 30 minutes later ,plugged it into my charger because I was at 50% before I started my walk ,it now read 42% charge.The screen did not react to my touch swipe for a few minutes,could of been too cold but soon after it worked just fine.Don't have any answers just figured I would post this and read the blogs to see if this was a common issue.Kind of surprised me whenthis happened so I guess I will keep an eye on it for now.

Last edited:

jenni122701

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
I never seen it. Didn't realize it would tell you if your phone needed a cooling period.

Sent from my beautiful, gold iPhone 5S via TapaTalk.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
It's happened to me before. Granted, I was driving home from NY with my phone charging and google maps spitting out directions with the sun blaring on me and my phone.

isaiah orot

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Never happened to me on my iPhone . But when I had my android phone it would over heat due to overlocking and playing games for hours . Device would be laggy as hell . Devices have thermal protection when it's gets to hot it will either throttle down the cpu and things will get funky not work right or just turn off

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I haven't seen it on my own devices but I used to work for a cellphone store. I'd seen it on a few devices. Mostly ones left in the car, in Texas heat.

I could of sworn my 6 was going to show that but didn't. Just overheated with no warning.

iTechHead

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Yup, it was when I had my black iPhone 5. I was on a road trip and fell asleep with it in my lap. When I woke up the temperature warning was on and I swear you probably could've cooked a egg on the thing.

Spartan John-117

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm joining the conversation late... but, I have only seen that warning when I had the iPhone 4S and I saw it ALL THE TIME. Now that I have a 5S, I have yet to see it. The only time I noticed it was on hot days and it was in my pocket all day as I'm moving around for work, or on the beach. I'll have my phone plugged in, playing 3D heavy games, connected to bluetooth accessories all at the same time and the phone got warm, warmer than I'm comfortable with, but like I've said I have yet to see it appear on my 5S.

Just a thought... Could it possibly be the type of case you're using? I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this. I personally only use cases that snap on from the back and there no front to make it a "capsule" so heat goes away fairly well.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77