Votes: 38 32.2%
  • No, it's terrible!

Votes: 5 4.2%

• Total voters

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Seems like one out of every 20 (or so) iPhone users I bump into has problems with Touch ID. I always suggest to 're-train' the device and I never hear back... so there's a good chance that perhaps there's some 'user error' going on here... However, I know for a fact that some are having serious problems with Touch ID not working properly.

How's your Touch ID experience been so far? Working flawlessly? Occasional glitch or problem? Or not working at all?

Well, I just got this phone yesterday and I'm using Touch ID a lot more than I ever thought that I would. Works great for me and I think, without reading anything else in this thread, that people probably don't move the thumb around when initially setting it up.

I did and have no issues on the 4 fingers that I use.

DS1331

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
It seems like ever since I upgraded to iOS 9.2 Touch ID takes half a second longer to register than it did before

Algus

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I have my left thumb print registered but a lot of times I am reaching for my phone with my right hand. I should probably change which print is registered. Other than that, it is a very cool feature that I like quite a bit. I love being able to authorize payment with my thumb

phessler

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I have my left thumb print registered but a lot of times I am reaching for my phone with my right hand. I should probably change which print is registered. Other than that, it is a very cool feature that I like quite a bit. I love being able to authorize payment with my thumb

You can have both registered. I have mine set up like that for the same reason you are stating.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

I have 4 fingers registered. Both thumbs and both index.

Go to Settings -> Touch ID & Passcode

b6985e2fc5ceef5cf7cf67b2a8f76cad.jpg

imtravis

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
I have five registered, both thumbs, both index and a pinky in case I have grease or whatever on my hands and need to unlock it.

IamJAd

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
My big pro tip for having TouchID work well is when you register your fingers. I see most people lift their finger when they see the animated fingerprint stop animating. Instead, wait until you feel the vibration before you lift your finger off for another go. That alone will make your registration more reliable, and in turn, your use of TouchID!

Jnglgrl

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
I just got my new iPhone 5s second hand after losing my old 5s and the touch ID doesn't work at all... I can't even add a fingerprint as it goes straight to this error message iMoreAppImg_20151224_050320.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR