• I have problems with it sometimes.

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • No, it's terrible!

Votes: 5 4.2%

• Total voters

nat750

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
When iOS 7.1 came out it was almost perfect but since the latest updates it's starting to be a little bit suspect again.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using iMore Forums mobile app

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had a single issue since day one. Had my iPhone since a month after release.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

boeingrules

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
I love playing with other people's phones, especially if they're iPhones. Also, every time I pass an Apple store/retailer, I stop and play with the devices in there. I don't actually have an iPhone, hence why I have what my friends tell me is a creepy obsession with them.

They all worked perfectly except for two I have tried, both which really shocked me. One because it was just a few months old and refused to work at all, and the other because it was a display at an Apple store. But I have tried Touch ID on many, many phones and I'm very impressed with it.

Also, through my fleeting experiences with all those iPhones, I found a neat trick though that allows you to save two fingerprints in just one slot. You do the normal setup but you alternate two of your fingers. I don't know if this will deteriorate faster, but all the times I had tried it, it quickly recognised both without error. It worked with up to four fingers for me.

Scorpion667

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
I went through 4x iPhone 5s samples recently and each one detected my fingerprints flawlessly. On my current 5s I have had it fail a single time in two weeks when my thumb was soaking wet and only half on the fingerprint reader lol.

I timed the time it takes me to unlock phone from screen on to homescreen with no security (no passcode or fingerprint) vs with fingerprint and it's the same. Based on that I would say it's a very successful feature.

alejsalonica

May 11, 2014
Visit site
I just got my refurbished iPhone 5S.
The one I bought was not working right. TouchiD was the problem. Less than 70% successful.
Now, the refurbished is working 100%.

Nellybelly333

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
I have not had too many issues with my second 5s. My first hardly ever worked...

The one issue I am running into now is that Siri keeps turning on from time to time as soon as my phone unlocks. It turns on and off for a split second... Strange.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

LBBowie

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
It worked great right away for me, although during setup I must've placed my thumb on the sensor fifty times before realizing I had to tap 'continue' first. :straight-face:

I only use one fingerprint though, since I almost always grab my phone with my right hand anyway.
Might not scan another fingerprint if that increases the chances of TouchID becoming slower or more prone to error.

shivamanuja

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Taking screen shot during lock screen mode is difficult due to touch id feature? normally i added my both thumbs as a fingerprint which unlocks my iphone and creates problem in taking screen shot?

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I ❤️ it!!! Now I have sure fire way of my kids NOT being able to use my phone... So now they don't even pick it up. 😛

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal