• I have problems with it sometimes.

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • No, it's terrible!

Votes: 5 4.2%

• Total voters

FitMomXtine

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
It works for me quite well. Same thing with me though, if my hands are wet from washing my hands and haven't thoroughly dried them off sometimes it won't work but 98% of the time it does and it's very useful 😁

BParker4381

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I have never really had an issue with the Touch ID except, like everyone else, when my hands are damp. My wife has a iPhone 4S and when I use it I miss the Touch ID. It is a lot better than having to type in passwords over and over.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums app

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
No issues with Touch ID here. Been using for about a month and a half on a new 5S and it's flawless every time.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
Working well for me, I don't know what's up with all of the Touch ID problems lately with other people's iPhone 5s's, but I hope they've been fixed with the release of iOS 7.1

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Megan Blok

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I've never had issues with Touch ID but it's significantly improved with the iOS 7.1 update. I can actually see it trying longer to read my print. I even got it to unlock first try with a sweaty finger.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5s 

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I've never had issues with Touch ID but it's significantly improved with the iOS 7.1 update. I can actually see it trying longer to read my print. I even got it to unlock first try with a sweaty finger.

Same here, never had a problem and I've yet to update to 7.1

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
There is always that 1/10 time that Touch ID doesn't work, but that's never annoyed me. I love it so much more than a pin lock.

nat750

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Touch ID used to be really bad for me, working for less than a day then just constant failing. Tried every tip but nothing worked. Now iOS 7.1 is out it works nearly perfect. I updated as soon as it came out, registered both thumbs & have never had to change anything since. I've had my phone for 5 month & feel like I've got a new feature because I'd basically given up on it. Now I love it & can't wait till it's supported in all the apps I've got that are password protected & can't wait for it to come to the iPad mini with retina.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using iMore Forums mobile app

Megan Blok

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Touch ID used to be really bad for me, working for less than a day then just constant failing. Tried every tip but nothing worked. Now iOS 7.1 is out it works nearly perfect. I updated as soon as it came out, registered both thumbs & have never had to change anything since. I've had my phone for 5 month & feel like I've got a new feature because I'd basically given up on it. Now I love it & can't wait till it's supported in all the apps I've got that are password protected & can't wait for it to come to the iPad mini with retina.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using iMore Forums mobile app

That's great to hear. Before the update I had my right thumb registered twice to improve accuracy which it definitely did, after the update I deleted the second thumb and it works flawlessly. I love my 5s to death. I've had it since Halloween last year and still everyday I find my self thinking "I love my phone" ☺️

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
You should definitely update still. The improvements to iOS 7 are undeniable. You think Touch ID is good now? Wait until you update.

Might I ask what improvements? I personally don't see many. Touch ID never failed me before so I don't see a difference now. And my battery life definitely shows no difference. Speed is about the same. I guess my phone was just fine before.

Megan Blok

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Might I ask what improvements? I personally don't see many. Touch ID never failed me before so I don't see a difference now. And my battery life definitely shows no difference. Speed is about the same. I guess my phone was just fine before.

Touch ID always worked about 95% of the time now I would say it works 98% of the time. The animations are faster so I can get to what I need more quickly. The reduce white point is nice. And I don't get any home screen crashes anymore. I'm sorry for you if you have not noticed the difference.

gusmetropolo

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
It used to be flawless on iOS 7.0.6, but now on 7.1 it keeps failing, I don't know why. Right now it's working perfectly, but like 15 minutes ago it was not. ):

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
After 7.1 it was working great. About 9 out of 10 tries were successful.
Now it seems to have degraded. About 6 out of 10 tries are successful.
Good Luck

bgesullo

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
I have had this phone for about three days but the Touch ID has worked very well! It hasn't failed yet for me. Love the convenience of it!

GusHerb

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
I'll have had my 5S a week as of tomorrow. Touch ID started off flaky but it's working almost every try now. Not sure if I've adapted to how it wants me to hold my finger over the home button or if it "learns" over time and becomes better at reading my prints.

DroidArmy

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
I'll have had my 5S a week as of tomorrow. Touch ID started off flaky but it's working almost every try now. Not sure if I've adapted to how it wants me to hold my finger over the home button or if it "learns" over time and becomes better at reading my prints.

It learns the more you use it. It probably just took some time to map your finger for the way you use Touch ID

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2