View Poll Results: Is Touch ID working well for you?

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

73 62.93%
  • I have problems with it sometimes.

38 32.76%
  • No, it's terrible!

5 4.31%
    Working flawlessly here. 😊
    08-28-2014 02:58 PM
    It worked great right away for me, although during setup I must've placed my thumb on the sensor fifty times before realizing I had to tap 'continue' first.

I only use one fingerprint though, since I almost always grab my phone with my right hand anyway.
    Might not scan another fingerprint if that increases the chances of TouchID becoming slower or more prone to error.
    09-06-2014 07:02 AM
    Taking screen shot during lock screen mode is difficult due to touch id feature normally i added my both thumbs as a fingerprint which unlocks my iphone and creates problem in taking screen shot
    09-07-2014 08:41 AM
    Never failed a second.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-07-2014 09:28 AM
    I love it. Sometimes I even try it on my mini and get sad when I have to swipe.
    09-07-2014 10:44 AM
    I ❤️ it!!! Now I have sure fire way of my kids NOT being able to use my phone... So now they don't even pick it up. 😛
    09-07-2014 09:32 PM
    It seems to be doing like advertised and getting use to it day by day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    09-08-2014 05:43 PM
    My first i5s the Touch ID didn't work that well. It was about 50% chance it worked. Got my replacement i5s about 2 months ago and it works 99% of the time.
    09-08-2014 06:12 PM
    I just got my 5S this past Saturday, but I have no issues with the Touch ID. In fact, I have it set up for by my left and right hand depending on what's going on at the time. No complaints from me at all so far!
    09-09-2014 10:57 PM
    My iphone 5s is brand new and touch id was working fine in starting but after few days its giving me problem, at first attempt it wont allow me to unlock iphone and sometime after attempting so many times it ask for pascode, my touch id is working fine or not dont know, i tried resetting finger print but its giving me problem again, i added my thumb print as in horizontal position so am i adding finger print in wrong way coz i hold iphone in left or right hand and unlock it like this way only with horizontal position of thumb
    09-10-2014 10:08 PM
    My iphone 5s is brand new and touch id was working fine in starting but after few days its giving me problem, at first attempt it wont allow me to unlock iphone and sometime after attempting so many times it ask for pascode, my touch id is working fine or not dont know, i tried resetting finger print but its giving me problem again, i added my thumb print as in horizontal position so am i adding finger print in wrong way coz i hold iphone in left or right hand and unlock it like this way only with horizontal position of thumb…
    Once your fingerprint is scanned, it should be able to read it from any angle.

I'd suggest spending some time unlocking it, as it apparently continues to improve it's 'image' of your fingerprint as you use it.
    shivamanuja likes this.
    09-12-2014 04:38 AM
    My Touch ID seems inconsistent. Maybe its behaving like that because of the smudges but as far as I can remember the sensor works well without me having to constantly clean it for it to recognize my thumb until 2 days ago. Do you guys need to rub the sensor with your fingers often for it to recognize? like 2/3 of the time? I also notice that it is extremely difficult for it to finish reading my thumb when I do a re-scan even if I clean the sensor. My thumbprint seems fine. It is starting to bother me only since 2 days ago but I really hate going to apple for a replacement.

EDIT:
    I worked it out. seems like putting a tape over the home button solved the problem when there are smudges on the sapphire glass itself. you can try it yourselves. i don't know how but probably that transparent tapes attract less smudges than the glass itself. all i know is that the recognition significantly improved i can confirm that.
    Last edited by Amad Cajuan; 09-17-2014 at 08:04 AM. Reason: Found the solution
    09-13-2014 11:41 AM
    Working great now for me!
    09-17-2014 09:00 PM
    It's very reliable for me, rarely have a scan fail and it works fast.
    09-18-2014 12:19 AM
    Well, I just bought myself a 5S and it doesn't work 95% of the time, other 5% of the time being after I wipe it clean. Doesn't work after 2 unlocks because I have EXTREMELY sweaty palms. It is in no way Apple's fault but I feel like I'm being short changed anyway.. I didn't chose to be born with sweaty palms. I'd be crazy to clean it every time because in the time taken, I might as well just punch in my code.
    10-28-2014 10:58 AM
    Ok....so I'm a little late to the tech party with the whole fingerprint scan thing on the 5S lol. I also just got my 5S this past week coming from a 5C. When I got the 5C last October at the time I wasn't interested in the Touch ID, but upon passing up the 6 this release to get the 5S, this time around I decided to give it a go. Prior to my 5S, I've never locked any of my past iPhones. I have to say, I'm extremely impressed with the functionality and accuracy of it overall. I've programmed all 5 spots, lol, in case I don't just use one main finger every time to unlock. I've even set it up for app/itune store purchases. Now, as for my passcode, everyone in my house including my parents know it just in case they needed to get into my 5S for any reason

I'm not one to worry about having the latest & greatest, hence why I passed on the 6, but now that I have the touch id I'm sorry I didn't go for it last year upon getting my 5C. Oh well !! I have it now and it's awesome 👍
    11-09-2014 07:39 AM
    Same here Pink. I never used to lock my phone. Im a homebody and just never had a need to, but my touch ID works so great that I use it locked now. I've not had any issues at all with the touch ID not working properly, so I am so happy about that.

I used it today for the first time downloading an app, that was really simple. I think I def made the right choice sending back my 5C within the 14 day trial period and getting the 5S.

Sent from my beautiful, gold iPhone 5S.
    11-09-2014 08:21 AM
    Probably 99.9% accurate
    Mine's 99.9999%
    11-09-2014 09:30 AM
    Touch ID continues to work great for me at least 97% of the time
    11-09-2014 12:53 PM
    Still no issues here. Having fantastic success with my touch ID.

Sent from my beautiful, gold iPhone 5S via TapaTalk.
    11-17-2014 07:54 PM
    Still no issues here. Having fantastic success with my touch ID.

Same here, no issues. Although I have found if my hands are dried out, cold or just a teeny bit damp from not drying them completely the sensor won't accept a print, and it has to be tried again, which is understandable.

Usually when this happens to me, it'll take on the 2nd or last shot. But if my hands are really cold from outside it just won't work lol.

tapped out by my P!NK fingers on my GORGEOUS GOLD 5S
    jenni122701 likes this.
    11-20-2014 05:52 AM
    I will say, it seems to simply work. Even when my hands are cold, it still works. Rather impressed with that part really...
    jenni122701 likes this.
    11-20-2014 06:37 AM
    Wow yeah, Ive heard about people having a lil trouble if there hands are really dry or really cold, like Pink said. But it seems only issues are from things like that or having your finger/thumb at an off angle. Which as Pink also said, is understandable. I think they did a good job on the sensor over all. I'm really happy with it and it sure is a quick way into the phone and buying apps.

ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    11-20-2014 11:16 AM
    I will say, it seems to simply work. Even when my hands are cold, it still works. Rather impressed with that part really...
    Wow yeah, Ive heard about people having a lil trouble if there hands are really dry or really cold, like Pink said. But it seems only issues are from things like that or having your finger/thumb at an off angle. Which as Pink also said, is understandable. I think they did a good job on the sensor over all. I'm really happy with it and it sure is a quick way into the phone and buying apps.

Yeah, when I say cold, I'm talking from being out in 18 weather for a short time, no gloves, and then coming into the house and try to unlock with Touch ID that's a fun one to try & do

tapped out by my P!NK fingers on my GORGEOUS GOLD 5S
    jenni122701 likes this.
    11-20-2014 12:00 PM
    If my hands are clean, I usually don't have a problem.
    11-30-2014 08:17 PM
261 ... 678910 ...