** Why Does Apple even have these Cheap Black Friday sale events?

anon(279851)

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I never understood why they even have these discounts (i.e. $41 off an iPad with Retina)? It seems so minor and not even worth it to advertise. Seems like other competitors do a lot better in trying to provide a better savings for their customers. What are your thoughts?

Last edited:

dalaen

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
We don't have Black Friday here in France.

But last year, there was a similar event from a private reseller, which allowed me to get 10% off any Apple product, except iPhones.
I don't know about official Apple Store though, none is to be seen near where I am.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
The other retailers you mentioned will give a better price break. Ain't that something?? lol
Not really. It's the way of mass retailing. They'll often discount highly desirable merchandise to get people in the door that will hopefully buy other things that aren't discounted... SS,DD - same stuff, different day.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Well Apple gets paid regardless. I don't believe they are in competition with target and walmart.

#Naked Tuesday

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I agree, I don't see the point of advertising something so minor, but it's a deal to someone who has to pay high taxes. Black Friday is just an excuse to put items on sale for any retailer though.

I happen to like Apple during tax free day more.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

wbkm85

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
let me guess... you're cheap

if you can't afford it full price, then take your business elsewhere.

no where has to run black friday prices, at least its better than nothing. stop being so cheap.

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Apple doesn't need to. They have such a great consume perception and they don't need to lower their prices. I'm not saying that other manufacturers need to lower their prices to move merchandise, but Apple just has that...well...special Apple thing. They're Apple. Any price lowering for them is a special occasion. Why do you think that the iPhone is about the only phone that's price never drops until the new model comes out? Well, they're Apple! Same principle applies. Either buy the device and save a few bucks or don't. Your choice.

Oofa

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Very much so! Btw I never said a "massive" discount. Let it be a meaningful discount and not something minuscule.

I get it. It's like leaving a .50 tip on a $50 restaurant bill. Yes, it's nice to get a tip and you don't have to tip 50% but such a small tip could be taken as an insult.

ajst222

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I get it. It's like leaving a .50 tip on a $50 restaurant bill. Yes, it's nice to get a tip and you don't have to tip 50% but such a small tip could be taken as an insult.

But think of it as a European restaurant. The tip is included in the bill. Plus the waiter is already making decent money and is waiting plenty of tables. They don't need to rely on that tip when they do business.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
People will buy apple regardless of Black Friday and retailers are not even dropping the price they are offering 100 gift card if you buy one ..
If apple dropped the price for a event like Black Friday it says a lot more about there product by not off loading it cheap.

Most things that have price cuts like 32 inch tv for 98 bucks are special models made cheap to sell at that price .. For example .. Only 1 hdmi port .. Lack of features etc.

If you want a cheap tablet I think walmart is selling the Leap pad for 40 bucks !

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro