Is it advisable to carry the iPhone 5s nude?

iPerry7

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Might have the space gray version of iPhone 5s. I have searched for the perfect case high and low but I find them either too expensive or unavailable in my country. I was wondering if it is advisable to carry my phone without a case? Is anyone doing this? What kind of damage can be expected due to normal day to day usage? What precautions can I take to keep my phone in mint condition ? It would be great if someone who Castries his or her phone without a case could advise. Others are welcome too. Thank you :)

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I personally won't. I have the Spigen SPG Ultra Thin Air case and Power Support Anti-glare screen protector on my iPhone 5S.

nyry

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Might have the space gray version of iPhone 5s. I have searched for the perfect case high and low but I find them either too expensive or unavailable in my country. I was wondering if it is advisable to carry my phone without a case? Is anyone doing this? What kind of damage can be expected due to normal day to day usage? What precautions can I take to keep my phone in mint condition ? It would be great if someone who Castries his or her phone without a case could advise. Others are welcome too. Thank you :)

Hey iPerry! I actually have the same situation as you where I have a space gray 5s and am using it without anything on it until my discount kicks in on tuesday :) Have you researched defender cases, or speck cases? both are very good. Mophie is expensive, but they also charge your phone :)

Personally Im being super careful with it until I get some protection on it like a screen cover and a case, and nothing so far but I keep it in my pocket with nothing else in it but the phone,and when im not using it i put it on my nightstand to charge, and no damage from day to day use so far. Just keep away from water, use one pocket just do carry your phone, keep it on level non slippery surfaces where theres no risk of it moving falling or slipping :) hope this helps!

anon6040766

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
At the very last I'd get the HD Zagg Protective Screen for the front and back to to prevent scratches and scuffs on the front and back from everyday use. I'd advise a case no matter what thought. Just my opinion but hit eBay and order a $5 silicone soft gel case and the very least.

Sent from my iPhone 5s on VZW from Philly

nyry

May 31, 2012
Visit site
At the very last I'd get the HD Zagg Protective Screen for the front and back to to prevent scratches and scuffs on the front and back from everyday use. I'd advise a case no matter what thought. Just my opinion but hit eBay and order a $5 silicone soft gel case and the very least.

Sent from my iPhone 5s on VZW from Philly

zagg products are amazing. cant beat that lifetime warranty. Yeah OP id do screen protecter and a case of some sort, you made the investment of getting an expensive quality device, theres no sense in letting something totally preventable happen to it by getting a case :)

bunjy

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I definitely recommend being fully clothed when carrying around your 5s. Nothing more disturbing than someone running around naked with a smartphone in their hands. 😄

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't really believe there is any advisable about it as opposed to your own personal choice. You have to use your own discretion and know how you use your phone and common sense will prevail.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
It's a personal opinion! Some people love theirs nude, some don't. I love my cases because I don't find the iPhone to be big enough in my hand. My hand is big, so it goes flying otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I love cases not only for protection but for the look. But it's all a matter of preference. The 5s does feel good in hand without case. A nice case can give you a better grip on the phone.

#Naked Tuesday

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I prefer mine nude around the house. But much like myself, my iPhone suits up before leaving on any adventures.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I can't a advise you about what could happen. You have to use your own common sense. Only you know how well you care for your phones. Good luck!

iPerry7

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Thank you all for your opinions. I understand it's a personal choice but since this is my first ever iphone I have no idea how it holds up over time. The unanimous opinion seems to be that I should get a case. :) I saw a case called Rearth , which has cut outs for buttons and for speakers. Does anyone know if it is good? Also , are screen protectors necessary and do they interfere with the touch response of the iPhone? Thank you :)

EauRouge

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I never use a case for any phone. Its a BEAUTIFUL device. If these things were designed only to go in a case it wouldnt matter what they looked like. But clearly someone tried really hard to get it to be aesthetically pleasing

TiredOfPhoneWar

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Screen protector with good quality will just feel like the real iphone screen,mine is glass tempered so its feel like the real screen check spigen.com you will find a lot of good stuff (omg i feel like im the speaker person from spigen tonight lol no im not)

Oofa

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I can't stand cases. For years I've been using clear, full body skin protectors. It keeps the good looks of the phone while providing protection from simple scratches and dings on front, sides and back of the phone. By the way...... they are all the same. I have used most of them at one time or another and I find that the only difference between Zagg and other brands is that Zagg is more expensive. The least expensive full-body protectors are just as good and last just as long as Zaggs do. They just don't make a fuss over it and come in much simpler packaging.

agalaria

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Case is not required. I have been using iPhone 4 for 2 years and past 1 year iPhone 5. I have never used a case. As when you get such expensive stuff with nice looks and features then there is no point hiding it in a cover and protecting it like a baby. At the end of the day its just an electronic device.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
With every phone I've owned whether it be Android or all my iPhones I've never really used a case for long but I did use a couple cases for my iPhone 4 and 5 but just couldn't keep them on the phone very long. Now I'm going to be getting a TwelveSouth BookBook case to replace my wallet and help protect my phone.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2