What storage capacity did you buy and why?

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I will tell you guys now that I regret getting 32gb. It wasn't a problem before but I obviously don't like deleting things. Lol

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5S

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
My iPads only have 32GB but I think I'll be fine...I can split the media and such between them.

Sent from my liberated iridium rMini LTE

Donnie Smith

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I got the 64gb because I have tons of music, play a lot of games, shoot a lot of videos and pics, and I want all my stuff with me instead of having to clear space to make room for new media. Plus if I decided to get the iPhone 6, a 64gb 5s will be worth quite a bit in mint condition which is why I have a speck case and glass shield on it now haha

andymyrick

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I bought the 32GB iPhone 5S because every single iPhone I've ever owned was either 8 or 16GB and I got tired of always having to do storage management on my devices. The storage management that I had to do was more with my music than anything else. I'm comfortable now with the 32GB and FINALLY happy with a phone.

brout

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I got 32GB for my 5s. I use my phone mostly for making photos. I don't have much in music and no movies. I'll move my photos to a cloud.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
In glad I got the 64GB 5s it's been only three months and I'm down to 32GBs free

I know the old saying the more you have the more you tend to use but everything I have loaded so far is used or will be in the near future

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
In glad I got the 64GB 5s it's been only three months and I'm down to 32GBs free

I know the old saying the more you have the more you tend to use but everything I have loaded so far is used or will be in the near future

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

I agree. I had gotten the 16 GB at first, but then I had to go to the 64 GB because the 1080p video I shoot, the picture I take, the amount of music and podcasts that I keep on my phone. More space just allows you to enjoy your phone that much more.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Metro1088

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I bought the 16gb unlocked. I had been using an 8gb Nexus 4 before that and storage had never been an issue so I decided that 16gb would be more than enough.

I was surprised to find out that everything takes up much more space on the iPhone. Some apps and games are much bigger than their Android ports. But still I have never run out of memory on the phone. Must be my obsession wit constantly reorganizing and cleaning my phone of unused apps. And I use the cloud for pretty much everything.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I bought the 16gb unlocked. I had been using an 8gb Nexus 4 before that and storage had never been an issue so I decided that 16gb would be more than enough.

I was surprised to find out that everything takes up much more space on the iPhone. Some apps and games are much bigger than their Android ports. But still I have never run out of memory on the phone. Must be my obsession wit constantly reorganizing and cleaning my phone of unused apps. And I use the cloud for pretty much everything.

You are right about the app sizes being greater on the iPhone, maybe it's the reason why the apps are slightly better. I have found that it is a lot easier managing space on Android devices because there are so many cloud services available. I have gotten lazy however, I don't like managing my space all the time, that's why I went with the 64 GB iPhone.

Metro1088

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
You are right about the app sizes being greater on the iPhone, maybe it's the reason why the apps are slightly better. I have found that it is a lot easier managing space on Android devices because there are so many cloud services available. I have gotten lazy however, I don't like managing my space all the time, that's why I went with the 64 GB iPhone.

Yes. Temple Run on my Nexus was 42 mb. On my iPhone it was something like 120mb or more. And The Android version is the one with more texture packs for the different screen resolutions.

Photos take more space as well. And cleaning the cache on the iPhone is so difficult.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AbbiePilgrim