What storage capacity did you buy and why?

Janey_G

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
I got the 64 gig because that's all Verizon had at the time. I have about 47 gig available but don't have any videos on the phone yet. I've started using my phone as the main family camera since it's just easier than lugging around another thing when we go out or are on vacation.

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I got the 16GB because im a cheapo and couldnt justify spending $100 more for the 32GB. Main reason i can get away with the 16GB is i keep my music on a Nano, so my phone storage is mainly used for photos/videos/apps.

notorious1538

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Got the 64gb Space Grey. I have been an Android user for a few years now, and grew tired of the lag and terrible battery life. I told myself "If I'm going iPhone, I'm going all the way". I honestly couldn't be happier. I have around 1100 songs, 500+ photos, dozens of videos and apps up the wazoo. Still have nearly 40gb of space left. I try to shy away from streaming as I like to have my content on hand in case I have a bad cell connection. I know it's a bit pricey, but if you plan on keeping the phone for awhile and want the piece of mind knowing that you'll never have to do any "inventory control" then by all means, get the 64gb. I honestly wouldn't settle for anything less than 32 though. If they would have made a 128gb iPhone, I would have gotten that.

Sydneysue

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I got the 64g because I knew I already had 25g of music, pictures and other odds and ends from iTunes. Coming from Android and never owning an iPhone before, I was expecting the usual bloatware that took up a lot of space that was always on my droids, and didn't want to cut it close. Lo and behold, I still have about 24g space left, but with all the playing around and finding fun new apps, I'm sure I can't put a good dent in that. :)

MzDee

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
16gb. I've always purchased the 16gb model. I don't put music on my phone or a lot of apps. Don't even really keep a lot of the pics that I take on it so 16gb is more than enough for me.

chazmink

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I got 32gb space gray. My 4s was 16gb and I frequently had to delete some things for updates to proceed. That is not an issue with 32gb. I have music for the gym, a fair number of photos and a lot of apps.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I got the 64GB Space Gray version. I wish I could have done with less storage as I had to pay full retail ($849 before tax), but I have a large music library that remains full time and tons of movies that I like to keep in rotation, with more being purchased from iTunes all the time (most recently was on Monday when I got Fast & Furious 6 and The Wolverine)! So while I didn't enjoy the price tag, I needed the storage as I only have a couple GB's available at any given time. I also have a 64GB iPad Mini, but I really wish that was a 128GB so that I could store the majority of my movies on it.

nyry

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Welcome the newest edition to the iFamily, my iPhone Space Gray 32GB :) Thanks again you guys :D

Attachments

• 1385174301343.jpg
    1385174301343.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 18

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Currently on my i5 16GB but just bought a 64GB i5s tired of stopping vids early checking storage usage daily

Sent from my iPhone 5

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Can't wait till my 64GB i5s comes in I already have a lot of files to fill it up

I usually carry all my union members files with me for my stewardship case I need something when on the shop floor

Sent from my iPhone 5

Coachbulldog

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
iPhone 5s with 32g. I use iCloud storage for my music but found there were too many times I was away from WiFi and couldn't listen to music that was stored only in the cloud. Now I have plenty of room for music and as many pictures/videos of my grandchildren I want to take.