Space Grey Can Chip

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
I saw this at an Apple store, I didn't notice it on the Gold model, but I think it is difficult to do this

WP_20131116_004.jpg

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
They sit on desktop docks all day...and they have people who probably abuse the hell out of them taking them off and putting them back on the docks. If the chassis was made out of diamond, it'd probably end up destroyed too...lol.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
That's looks like it's from being taken in and out of the stationary lighting connection over and over and over again and scraping it.

#Naked Tuesday

DarkBlade_95

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Like others said, it's a demo model. They get abused a lot. This especially looks like it happened because of the Lightning connector.

Still, this is a bit worrying. I'll keep my Space Grey 5S safe from now on.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I feel as though there is nothing to worry about. The display phones are handled by hundreds of people a day, thousands of people a week. These phones have been there since day one, almost two months and I'm quite sure many people are not being careful with them, I wouldn't expect them to be.

Just don't treat your phone like a display model and I think it will be all good. Also anything will scratch with enough pressure anything will dent if it's hit hard enough.

#Naked Tuesday

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
The way they are on that dock, they're on there pretty tight. People just jam those things and sometimes scratch the surface with the port and then slide it in.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I doubt that someone would have this problem at home with their 5s. Being a display model, it's played with on an all day bases, for almost two months now. People just slam it down on the charger, or attempt to and keep moving.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately something like that can happen on any phone due to carelessness of the person using it.

Sent from my iPad Air.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
In a way my first thought is that it doesn't look too bad considering how much handling those phones get, for me the older I get the less concerned I am about nicks and scratches, kind of look at them as battle marks ... Thanks to the OP for sharing, as it prompted me to take a peek at my lightning port (so far so good ;-))

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative