Recently added/played playlists won't appear?

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
i got my replacement 5s and i plugged it into iTunes and everything loaded back on perfectly but with the iTunes music the recently added/played playlists that are always there will not show up. what could be the reason why?

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
the music I download is not from iTunes. I get it on my computer from somewhere else. with the new ios7 maybe it doesn't have those recently added/played playlists because its not officially downloaded from iTunes store?

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
its the strangest thing why i see all my playlists that i have created on my phone but the ones that comes installed with the phone won't appear when i sync my phone. Recently added/played top 25 most played ext. why won't they show up?

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
can somebody please help me and maybe suggest why I'm not seeing my recently added and played playlists?

I've been trying to figure out this issue since iOS 6 came out about a year ago and I haven't found one yet. On iOS 5 it displays properly but on iOS 6 & up it does not. The only thing I've found to work so far is to uncheck live updating of the playlist. I know it defeats the purpose of the playlist to begin with but it's the best I've got.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 4S (iPhone 5S coming very soon) using Tapatalk

djjohnson

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
i got my replacement 5s and i plugged it into iTunes and everything loaded back on perfectly but with the iTunes music the recently added/played playlists that are always there will not show up. what could be the reason why?

Glad to know that I am not the only one with this issue. :biggrin:
I too download songs from elsewhere (although some via iTunes Store) and sync them to iTunes Music Library.
:party:
With my previous iPhone 5 (64GB), I did not face any such issue, as all the new songs added to the Library when sync'd with the iPhone got updated to the 'Recently Added' Playlist.
I believe it is the iOS7 software issue, because when I upgraded my OS from iOS 6 to 7 on my iPhone 5, it was here that I first faced this issue.

Since I was waiting for my new iPhone 5S to arrive, I did not let this bother me too much.
:angel:
But having had the iPhone 5S (64GB) for the past three weeks now, I did see this issue cropping up every single time.

That being said, the only workaround I have found is to:

1. Sync the iPhone and transfer all your music (any new ones, that is) from iTunes to iPhone.
2. Safely eject the iPhone from your computer/iMac/MacBook and then restart your iPhone (press the Lock switch and TouchID button simultaneously).
3. Re-Sync the iPhone to iTunes and you should be able to see this issue resolved.

This is just a temporary fix and I'm hoping that Apple will get this fixed in their next iOS7 update.

On another note, I have found that downloading and updating apps on iTunes need not necessarily be updated on the iPhone during synchronising stage.
In order to save my data (on my iPhone plan), I downloaded all the free Apple apps via iTunes. But when trying to add them to the iPhone, I could not do it.

Eventually I downloaded them from my iPhone itself. This same update issue did come when the apps were updated on iTunes but when synching the iPhone, the apps (in the iPhone) were seen to be not updated.
I did wipe my iTunes from my laptop and did another clean install, but the issue still persists.
:(
The only workaround to this is to download/update app directly from my iPhone itself.
I find that to be strange and I guess iOS7 does have a long way to go for it to be problem free like its previous versions.

Last edited: