Replaced 5s for ID sensor not working?

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
walked into the apple store and told them about my ID sensor not working and with no questions they gave me a brand new phone. It obviously was not from the brand new box. I asked the guy if i was getting a brand new phone twice and said your not giving me a refurbished one right and he said no its brand new. its a 64GB space grey. What are the chances its brand new vs refurbished even if they say its new?

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I would think that with the 5s only being a month and change in release. The chances of getting a refurb might be less than if you say replaced it in 5 months after release. But I'm just guessing.
This site gives a little info based on the serial number.

Wat is dit serienummer?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
This early in production, you stand a much better chance of getting a brand new device...but the refurbs are brand new for all intents and purposes.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Even brand new replace to don't come in a retail box. They come in a "white label" box with no branding and accessories.

They have a pretty cool system at apple, I have had several replacements over the years. I have personally found the quality of the phones out of the white boxes to be perfect.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2