Buying iphone 5s...few questions

aniketsahrma9865

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I have iPhone 5 slate from the day it launched.
Planning to buy iPhone 5s gold/space grey
Though i have few questions
1. Rattling sound near the lens still present as it is on iPhone 5?
2. There is an issue with wifi connectivity with iPhone 5, it disconnects and is very slow with some wifi routers and i had to change some router settings and DNS on my iPhone to make it work which not always work...is it also present on 5s( its a deal breaker for me really)
3. I had samsung galaxy note 2 also and voice cancellation was better on note
Is there any change in that on 5s?
4. And change is speaker quality and loudness?
5. Any colour saturation difference in 5s?
Some reviews suggested that 5s is warmer and 5c has better display then 5s.
6. After iOS 7 iPhone5 is crashing a lot
Same with 5s? (I sometimes feel like i am using android lol)
Thanks

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
I have iPhone 5 slate from the day it launched.
Planning to buy iPhone 5s gold/space grey
Though i have few questions
1. Rattling sound near the lens still present as it is on iPhone 5?
2. There is an issue with wifi connectivity with iPhone 5, it disconnects and is very slow with some wifi routers and i had to change some router settings and DNS on my iPhone to make it work which not always work...is it also present on 5s( its a deal breaker for me really)
3. I had samsung galaxy note 2 also and voice cancellation was better on note
Is there any change in that on 5s?
4. And change is speaker quality and loudness?
5. Any colour saturation difference in 5s?
Some reviews suggested that 5s is warmer and 5c has better display then 5s.
6. After iOS 7 iPhone5 is crashing a lot
Same with 5s? (I sometimes feel like i am using android lol)
Thanks

1. All iPhones cameras have a slight rattle. Not a bad issue. Just the way the camera is.

2. No wifi issues with iOS 7 or iPhone 5s.

3. No issue with noise cancellation on my iPhone.

4. Speaker is the same

5. The display is the same as a iPhone. To me the display is still awesome quality.

6. iOS 7.0.3. Seems solid so far. Some still have some crashes. And some don't. This is not a hardware issue. It's iOS.

iPerry7

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I have had the iPhone 5s for more than 2 weeks now and the operating system is rock stable. This is my first iphone so I can't compare with the 5 but the display is wonderful. Battery life is satisfactory. I don't know if you will notice much performance difference when coming from an iPhone 5 but if touch id and the camera improvements are something you are willing to pay for , go for it :)

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site

There is definitely an issue with WIFI and my wifes iPhone 5. Shes had the iPhone 5 since launch and our home WIFI has always been dropping, inconsistent, etc. I logged into the router, changed some recommended settings from a media streaming prospective and she said it helped...it has but very slightly. She refuses to restore from backup as shes paranoid, I only picked up my iPhone 5s this weekend so my confidence is still growing and im more inclined to reset it. Anyway, i know what you mean about the WIFI issues and i can say my 5s does NOT have the same issues her does. My wifi connection is solid whenever it should be, no drops.

aniketsahrma9865

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
There is definitely an issue with WIFI and my wifes iPhone 5. Shes had the iPhone 5 since launch and our home WIFI has always been dropping, inconsistent, etc. I logged into the router, changed some recommended settings from a media streaming prospective and she said it helped...it has but very slightly. She refuses to restore from backup as shes paranoid, I only picked up my iPhone 5s this weekend so my confidence is still growing and im more inclined to reset it. Anyway, i know what you mean about the WIFI issues and i can say my 5s does NOT have the same issues her does. My wifi connection is solid whenever it should be, no drops.

Well thats good to know...
I think i will get one soon...GOLD
2 more questions
1. Are the new colours more durable?
2. How is M7?

chezm

Trusted Member
Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Well thats good to know...
I think i will get one soon...GOLD
2 more questions
1. Are the new colours more durable?
2. How is M7?

Actually we finally did some serious troubleshooting and it looks like her iPhone 5 wifi problem was strictly related to the case she was using. She threw out this old plastic cheap cases and got the new leather official ones and all is good.

Colour wise I don't think there's a relation to durability, possibility just the newer models have corrected the possible flaws from the previous models.

Motion doesn't seem like anything revolutionary, just like any of the other phones I've used in the past.

aniketsahrma9865

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Actually we finally did some serious troubleshooting and it looks like her iPhone 5 wifi problem was strictly related to the case she was using. She threw out this old plastic cheap cases and got the new leather official ones and all is good.

Colour wise I don't think there's a relation to durability, possibility just the newer models have corrected the possible flaws from the previous models.

Motion doesn't seem like anything revolutionary, just like any of the other phones I've used in the past.

I never had any case on my iphone5 and wifi is terrible
But after ios7 its better...

aniketsahrma9865

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site

I thought i would cancel my order of nike+ fuel band because of iphone 5s m7
Do i need to think again?

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Based on what I've read the Nike Move App is sort of a Fuel Band lite doesn't provide the detailed information like the Fuel Band. So I guess it all depends what fitness info you want.

#Naked Tuesday

Nolander07

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I thought i would cancel my order of nike+ fuel band because of iphone 5s m7
Do i need to think again?

I have the fuelband SE and it is much better than the Nike+ move app. The app is ok, but you have to carry around your phone all the time for it to work - i.e. While running, exercising, etc. so that makes it a little inconvenient.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Based on what I've read the Nike Move App is sort of a Fuel Band lite doesn't provide the detailed information like the Fuel Band. So I guess it all depends what fitness info you want.

#Naked Tuesday

I have this app and it doesn't really know when your walking compared to other movement but other than thAt it's quite accurate

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB