Home Button Crunching?

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I had a similar problem with my iPhone 5. It is not picking a little, but it sounds like my home button "crunches" a bit when I press. The click is louder than the 5...but this is different. When just pressing light, not hard enough to actually press the tactile down, but I can hear it clicking. Anyone else?

Sent from my iPhone 5S

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
My home button has definitely a louder click than my 5 had. Not sure if I'd say it sounds crunchy.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
My 5S definitely has a louder click than my 5, but it doesn't crunch like you're describing here. I find if I press the Home button more to the side VS directly in the middle, there is no should at all. If it bothers you, get Apple to check it out. At least you'll know there is nothing wrong with it.

HurricaneTracker

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
I think it is the new normal. This is because the home button on the 5S is made of the sapphire crystal to protect against hard usage and to facilitate the TouchID. I wouldn't call it crunching as much as a harder "click" sound.

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Thank you all for your responses. It feels gritty when I click it. I wish I had an apple store near...but the nearest is 280 miles away.

Sent from my iPhone 5S

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Thank you all for your responses. It feels gritty when I click it. I wish I had an apple store near...but the nearest is 280 miles away.

Sent from my iPhone 5S
Do you have a BestBuy nearby? You could take it there if they have an Apple rep. Like my local BB store does.

DarkBlade_95

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site

Sent from my iPhone 5S

If the phone's home button really is feeling gritty, I'd take it to the nearest Apple store, no matter how far it is. It could be some issue with crossed cables or misalignment in the Touch ID sensor.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Mine is pretty stable, no crunch or unstable feeling. It's definitely louder than the 5 though. You might want to look into getting it replaced or fixed.

Do you have a BestBuy nearby? You could take it there if they have an Apple rep. Like my local BB store does.

Sounds like a good idea. Worth giving it a try.

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I've got a best buy within a mile. Haven't seen an official apple rep though. We have a "Samsung" store inside.

Sent from my iPhone 5S

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I have the same "crunch" you're talking about. To explain it in simple terms, it feels like there's a corn flake stuck between the button and the phone, and when I press it, it feels lightly "crunchy"

Too lazy to take it to Apple, and it's worked flawlessly. So I deal with it, for now...

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Stop into Apple.

But all if not most have a good feedback on the new iPhone 5s. This is normal. But not crunching.

DarkBlade_95

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I have the same "crunch" you're talking about. To explain it in simple terms, it feels like there's a corn flake stuck between the button and the phone, and when I press it, it feels lightly "crunchy"

Too lazy to take it to Apple, and it's worked flawlessly. So I deal with it, for now...

I think you should show that to Apple. Might be the Touch ID cable.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a 5s but I had a similar issue with my 5. I took it to the Apple store and they replaced my screen to fix the issue. Button works great now. Feels perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR