Can't SMS while on phone call?

RollTideFanGrl

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I noticed this as well..I am with Sprint and on Wifi and couldn't send a message and on a call at the same time..Not sure what type of phone my caller had but it was weird nevertheless....As long as I was connected with Wifi with my blackberry I was able to simultaneously send text and talk..

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I noticed this as well..I am with Sprint and on Wifi and couldn't send a message and on a call at the same time..Not sure what type of phone my caller had but it was weird nevertheless....As long as I was connected with Wifi with my blackberry I was able to simultaneously send text and talk..

On my sprint iPhone I also can't send texts and talk. That's why I love having a device on att now. I don't use it much but when I need it it's nice to have

Sent from my gameboy color

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I've never had a problem using iMessage while on a phone call or using data without wifi on AT&T either. I value that a lot. Must suck to be on verizon sometimes :D

You know, it doesn't come up often, but I do miss simultaneous voice and data without having to use wifi. That said, I don't miss never having signal in my apartment before I came to Verizon. :p

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I just had this come up yesterday. I was on the phone and had to message my daughter. When it would not go through as an iMessage it sent as a text eventually. Her reply didn't come through until I got off the phone though. Normally if I need to text and talk I am in a wifi area so this was a rare issue. My bigger issue is with losing directions while on the phone. That one sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I just had this come up yesterday. I was on the phone and had to message my daughter. When it would not go through as an iMessage it sent as a text eventually. Her reply didn't come through until I got off the phone though. Normally if I need to text and talk I am in a wifi area so this was a rare issue. My bigger issue is with losing directions while on the phone. That one sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Yeah fielding a phone call and still keeping the google maps running is a fantastic option. I use that more than texting and talking. Lol

Sent from my gameboy color

seattlejoe7

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
This thread is of interest to me, as I'm currently on AT&T, and considering switching to Verizon, as the coverage is much better. However, I am frequently on the phone AND texting my wife (who is deaf) at the same time.

So, being able to talk and text, or talk while using GPS are really sorta critical. Great coverage ain't gonna do me a lot of good if I lose these other benefits.

"-)

Iser Steinmetz

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
I switched from AT&T to Verzion. Verizon, maybe a little more stable, but I miss the flexibility I had with AT&T. With verizon most apps that need the internet won't work while you're on the phone. It is so frustrating. Especially when you had that flexibility for so many years.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73