How do I transfer music from iPhone to iTunes?

amit85

Oct 6, 2008
Visit site
I have iphone 5 and acer notebook. My itunes account was in the acer nootebook. The music library was in the itunes in acer as well as in the iphone 5. Now what has happened is that the windows in the acer has crashed and i had to format the acer's hard disk and all data of itunes in acer has gone. Also, I have bought an iphone 5s as well. Now the entire music library is in old iphone 5. How do i transfer all the music from iphone 5 to itunes in formatted acer, so that i can then transfer the music from acer to iphone 5s. Please help.

Thanks,

Amit

DarkBlade_95

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
how to transfer music from iphone5 to itunes

You could take a backup of that iPhone 5 on your laptop through iTunes, then set up your iPhone 5S from that backup. Sorry if it's not much help, but that's probably the best you can do at the moment.

P.S. You should probably change the title of your thread. It's slightly misleading.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
If you can't get it to backup or sync with iTunes without it erasing all of your music (which I'd be scared of, frankly, because it's happened to me before), then I'd go the safe route of using Music Rescue to retrieve the files. After that, you should be able to simply copy them into iTunes and then sync your new 5S to iTunes, thus restoring your music library to its original state.

The free version of Music Rescue should work fine, you'll just have to click a button every so often (it was every 50 songs last time I used it) to continue with the restoration. Here's a link...

Music Rescue - Download

sunnysideup22125

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
If you can't get it to backup or sync with iTunes without it erasing all of your music (which I'd be scared of, frankly, because it's happened to me before), then I'd go the safe route of using Music Rescue to retrieve the files. After that, you should be able to simply copy them into iTunes and then sync your new 5S to iTunes, thus restoring your music library to its original state.

The free version of Music Rescue should work fine, you'll just have to click a button every so often (it was every 50 songs last time I used it) to continue with the restoration. Here's a link...

Music Rescue - Download

👍

Sent from my GOLD iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

gazoo2010

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
What about enabling iTunes Match on the iPhone with the music and uploading the songs into the cloud, then you would just download them to the new device.

~S

gazoo2010

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
You can only upload songs to iTunes Match from the Windows or Mac iTunes program.

I did not know that. If the OP's collection was bought from iTunes those will be in the cloud, so it's only non-iTunes music that would be lost.

Back in the day I used a program called sharepod to restore music from an iPhone to a new PC. Don't know if it still exists....

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73