Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

Default Frame rate drop in Asphalt 8

Hi, I've finally started heavy gaming on my iPhone 5S. It takes most of the tasks thrown at it like a champ but every time I play Asphalt 8, I see the occasional frame rate drop. Is it normal on a monster like the 5S? With the specs, I thought it would be better than my iPhone 5. In Asphalt, it performs similar...if not worse from time to time. I have the 32GB model with 8 gigs of storage left.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,902 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

Default Re: Frame rate drop in Asphalt 8

I actually play that game a good bit, and have not noticed any frame rate drop with the exception of when I've received a text message during play OR when game center randomly signs in during play (which has happened several times)...the only issue I've ever noticed (even playing it on the iPhone 5, which did have a bit of frame rate issue) was that the game loses track of what place I'm in from time to time (but it normally fixes itself before the race gets even close to ending).
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    359 Global Posts

I've played this game quite a lot too and I haven't experienced this either. As far as the game loosing track of what place you're in I think it has to do with the various shirt cuts other drivers are taking that can make you go from 1st to 4th or something like that when no one visibly passed you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iMore Intermediate

Actually, scratch what I said. The lag is worse than it was on my iPhone 5. The phone slows down to a crawl in almost every race I play. I don't know what's happening. Someone, help!
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,922 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

Quote Originally Posted by DarkBlade_95 View Post
    Actually, scratch what I said. The lag is worse than it was on my iPhone 5. The phone slows down to a crawl in almost every race I play. I don't know what's happening. Someone, help!
    Maybe try to delete and reinstall .. Are any other apps running while you play ?
    I play modern combat a lot on my ipad 4 and sometimes it lags and once I re installed but normally I kill all other apps ( even though I know you really shouldn't have too or need to ) and even do a hard reboot normally one of those fixes it
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by Peligro911 View Post
    Maybe try to delete and reinstall .. Are any other apps running while you play ?
    I play modern combat a lot on my ipad 4 and sometimes it lags and once I re installed but normally I kill all other apps ( even though I know you really shouldn't have too or need to ) and even do a hard reboot normally one of those fixes it
    The only apps running in the background are Safari and Music/YouTube. I never run two games at the same time.

There's this weird thing I just noticed. When I play Arkham Origins on both phones, it lags on the 5 while the 5S plays it like an absolute champ. Seems like a coding error or bad install.
    Last edited by DarkBlade_95; 11-05-2013 at 08:40 AM.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,902 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

The only apps running in the background are Safari and Music/YouTube. I never run two games at the same time.

There's this weird thing I just noticed. When I play Arkham Origins on both phones, it lags on the 5 while the 5S plays it like an absolute champ. Seems like a coding error or bad install.
    If this is the case, I would definitely suggest reinstalling the game...
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
  8. Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    If this is the case, I would definitely suggest reinstalling the game...
    So...all of my progress lost. Lovely.

Well, thanks for your help. I'll check and see if it's working.
    iMore Newbie

So...all of my progress lost. Lovely.

Well, thanks for your help. I'll check and see if it's working.
    Is the game designed for the 64bit processor? if not.. don't even bother...
  10. Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by JSHidaka View Post
    Is the game designed for the 64bit processor? if not.. don't even bother...
    Most of the games are not designed for this processor. What are you implying?

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk