Switching to iPhone from Galaxy

wheresmoosh

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm making the switch from my Samsung Galaxy S4 to the gold iPhone 5s when my reservation from Best Buy ships in. What would be the easiest way for me to transfer everything in my galaxy to my computer for my iPhone?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using iMore Forums mobile app

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I suggest you upload your stuff to a cloud storage site like Dropbox and then after you set up your new iPhone 5S, you can download and install the Dropbox app and then download your stuff over to it.

wheresmoosh

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I suggest you upload your stuff to a cloud storage site like Dropbox and then after you set up your new iPhone 5S, you can download and install the Dropbox app and then download your stuff over to it.

Would that include music and contacts or would I have to go through iTunes for that?

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Depends. What stuff are you transferring, and it is already stored online? For instance, Google stuff, like Gmail and calendar, is already in the cloud, and you can set it up manually on the phone and it'll all be there. If you have music, books, videos, and other media on the phone, and a copy on a computer, you can manage the music through iTunes. Probably would need a better understanding of what you're transferring.

wheresmoosh

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Depends. What stuff are you transferring, and it is already stored online? For instance, Google stuff, like Gmail and calendar, is already in the cloud, and you can set it up manually on the phone and it'll all be there. If you have music, books, videos, and other media on the phone, and a copy on a computer, you can manage the music through iTunes. Probably would need a better understanding of what you're transferring.

Ideally I'd like to transfer music, pictures, contacts, and text messages.

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
If you use Google on your Android phone, your contacts should already be in Google online - so if you add a Google account to your iPhone, it should pull them down. Music and pictures, just connect your Android phone via USB cable to your computer and download.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Ideally I'd like to transfer music, pictures, contacts, and text messages.

As has already been stated, if your contacts are associated with an email service, they'll be transferred to your device once you configure it to use that particular service. As for your pics and music, you can either use a cloud service or you can download and install the iTunes app. A good source of information can be found via the following guide: http://forums.imore.com/guides-how-tos/256550-how-transition-your-old-smartphone-apple-iphone.html

panjwani

Jul 13, 2009
Visit site
i switched from galaxy note 3 too . android was such a waste of resources coz of the laggy OS . 5s works like a charm the multitasking and the OS is soooo smooth .apple rocksss

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2