If you could change just one thing about the iPhone 5s what would it be?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Screen size. My only real gripe with iPhones is the screen size. Now it doesn't have to be huge like some androids but 4.5 or so would be perfect I think, and not just stretched out.

porksoda

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
My wish would be that apple have better memory management, i am constantly running with low memory - I was hoping ios7 would have fixed memory issue but nope same as 6 (I set up my phone as new).

Ujjwal Agarwal

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I think apples smaller screen is what keeps many people happy rather than going to the competition

market is changing buddy apple have to made at least one new iphone with bigger screen because many apple lovers wanted a bit bigger screen now.. including me.. since they can keep the iphone 5s,5c along with them..

Auturi

Banned
Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I would like Apple to remove the option to quit apps altogether because I get tired of explaining to people that it does nothing and that iOS handles quitting apps when it needs the memory and/or CPU.

It has to be using something, because it's still up and saved. I mean I've had apps up that still play sound. That's gotta be taking up something.

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
I would add the "active" feature that the Samsung Galaxy S series has...waterproofing, shock-proofing, dust-proofing, etc. I'm constantly doing stuff outdoors...and the delicate nature of most smart phones (including my preference of iPhone) leaves me worried about damaging it with no real recourse (without having to use an extended warranty service like Apple Care + or SquareTrade). It'd be really awesome to be able to to kayaking and find myself not having to worry (as much) about my iPhone...making me feel like I need to leave it in the car vs. taking it with me. I should also add that LifeProof cases have not impressed me so far, the one that I had was really not a livable addition.

I think you mean the protective coating that the Droid 4 and RAZRs had. Samsung "Active" devices mostly got water damage during the first plunge. Everyone was super pissed

stalemate1

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
If you had the veto vote before releasing the iPhone 5s what is one thing that you would add or remove before launch?

For me it would have been the screen size, I would have insisted on a 4.5 inch screen.

I'd go for a removable 3000 mAh battery...you can never have too much battery life.

In second I'd opt for expandable storage via SD card slot but the bigger battery is my first choice.

stalemate1

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I think apples smaller screen is what keeps many people happy rather than going to the competition

That is one thing I REALLY, REALLY....REALLY (I cant emphasize this point enough) dislike about Android (unfortunately I currently own one with a 4.5" screen...its too big for me personally)

You cannot get a high end droid with a small screen these days.

I describe my experiences with a large screen in this thread:

http://forums.imore.com/general-app...g-i-really-appreciate-iphone.html#post2126541

DarkBlade_95

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
That is one thing I REALLY, REALLY....REALLY (I cant emphasize this point enough) dislike about Android (unfortunately I currently own one with a 4.5" screen...its too big for me personally)

You cannot get a high end droid with a small screen these days.

I describe my experiences with a large screen in this thread:

http://forums.imore.com/general-app...g-i-really-appreciate-iphone.html#post2126541

I agree. While a big screen is pretty cool to have, it shouldn't come at the cost of one-handed usability. That's what I like about the iPhone. When other manufacturers are following the 'Bigger! Even Bigger!' route, Apple knows that a phone is more than just spec sheets and a massive display which is too hard to use with one hand.

Make no mistake, the iPhone 6 is coming next year and it will have a larger display. I just hope it won't be senselessly gigantic.

stalemate1

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
When other manufacturers are following the 'Bigger! Even Bigger!' route, Apple knows that a phone is more than just spec sheets and a massive display which is too hard to use with one hand.

Don't rub it in :)

I'm already struggling to reach the expiry date of my contract :(

I just hope apple dont follow the trend and realize that the iPad mini covers the aspect of a large phone. So no need to make the iPhone any bigger.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using iMore Forums mobile app.

DarkBlade_95

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Don't rub it in :)

I'm already struggling to reach the expiry date of my contract :(

I just hope apple dont follow the trend and realize that the iPad mini covers the aspect of a large phone. So no need to make the iPhone any bigger.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using iMore Forums mobile app.

Wishful thinking, my friend. Wishful thinking. The market is forcing Apple's hand and I don't know how stubborn the new team is. Maybe they'll cave in and make the screen bigger. Maybe they won't. All I want is a screen that I can easily use with one hand. I doubt Apple would release a larger screen at the sacrifice of one-handed usability.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site

stalemate1

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
http://mobile.theverge.com/2013/11/6/5072242/samsun-2014-phones-will-have-78-percent-more-pixels

I think this probably means apple will have to double the resolution and possibly invent a new marketing term. In doing so screen size isn't an issue. They can go 5", 6", whatever.

It also means retina isn't as good as it gets as currently defined. Which btw still makes the retina mini more compelling than the Air given the mini's higher ppi.

Ok this idea of massive resolutions is getting pathetic...I personally cant tell which display is clearer between a 256ppi compared to a 440ppi...there is only so much detail the naked eye can see. And I dont know anyone that looks at their phone with a microscope.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using iMore Forums mobile app

ght

May 29, 2012
Visit site
I would like Apple to remove the option to quit apps altogether because I get tired of explaining to people that it does nothing and that iOS handles quitting apps when it needs the memory and/or CPU.

And what would we do when an app hangs with no option to reload/refresh? Restart the whole phone?

stalemate1

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Yes you need it for that. I was mainly being sarcastic because of all the people that think quitting apps somehow helps their phone. It doesn't in the vast majority of cases.

Android users are the same, they believe that killing tasks will save battery buy freeing RAM, but the exact opposite happens as the phone needs to re open the tasks, thus using more power.

DarkBlade_95

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Hey, I actually think that it would be cool to have a 4K display on the next iPhone. I know that's impossible but I can't help but enjoy when all Apple haters will come out and say that 'the resolution is too high, it's just a gimmick...blah blah'.

LOL JK :D

stalemate1

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Hey, I actually think that it would be cool to have a 4K display on the next iPhone. I know that's impossible but I can't help but enjoy when all Apple haters will come out and say that 'the resolution is too high, it's just a gimmick...blah blah'.

LOL JK :D

Do you realize that having a resolution that high will greatly reduce the life of your battery ?

And it looks like Android will have if first...long before iPhone has it.

Besides I'm sure they are already complaining that the iPhone 5S benchmarks are false...I cant really believe it myself.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using iMore Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner