If you could change just one thing about the iPhone 5s what would it be?

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
If you had the veto vote before releasing the iPhone 5s what is one thing that you would add or remove before launch?

For me it would have been the screen size, I would have insisted on a 4.5 inch screen.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
@EmceeGeek .... Aside from the screen size everything else is perfect, I think it's really the only thing that gives me envy to other devices.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I would add the "active" feature that the Samsung Galaxy S series has...waterproofing, shock-proofing, dust-proofing, etc. I'm constantly doing stuff outdoors...and the delicate nature of most smart phones (including my preference of iPhone) leaves me worried about damaging it with no real recourse (without having to use an extended warranty service like Apple Care + or SquareTrade). It'd be really awesome to be able to to kayaking and find myself not having to worry (as much) about my iPhone...making me feel like I need to leave it in the car vs. taking it with me. I should also add that LifeProof cases have not impressed me so far, the one that I had was really not a livable addition.

MisterMe11

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
If you had the veto vote before releasing the iPhone 5s what is one thing that you would add or remove before launch?

For me it would have been the screen size, I would have insisted on a 4.5 inch screen.

Definitely screen size (but I'm still waiting for mine, so maybe my 'vote' isn't valid!)

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Definitely screen size (but I'm still waiting for mine, so maybe my 'vote' isn't valid!)

It's not that the screen size is bad, I would just like it to be a little bigger. Heck even if they enlarged it so that the bezel was super thin we could have a larger screen with the same form factor. The screen as is looks fantastic. However my thumbs just aren't shrinking ;-)

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't really change anything physical with the 5S... MAYBE add stereo speakers, and a Back & Gold color option... But I'd rather add more of the gesture navigation to iOS on the 5S that is present on the iPad and OS X Mavericks. Multifinger pinch to the home screen. Multifinger swipe up for multitasking... Etc etc

Last edited:

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
It's not that the screen size is bad, I would just like it to be a little bigger. Heck even if they enlarged it so that the bezel was super thin we could have a larger screen with the same form factor. The screen as is looks fantastic.

Totally agree with this!!! Just a tad larger screen and it would be perfect...half an inch maybe!

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Bigger screen would be cool. But please not the size of the Galaxy.
I really like the compact feel of the iPhone.

#Naked Tuesday

EauRouge

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Id like a wider screen! It would be much easier to type on IMO. Also, for they keyboard keys to be flush against each other; remove the space that is there. There are many people who like the current screen size... why not make two models?

SwitchBeach

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I would probably have put the volume on controls on the right side instead of the left side.

One thing I definitely would NOT have changed is the size of the screen. I definitely do not want a bigger or a wider screen.

There are several things that I would change about the iOS, however, starting with a native file browser. Not deal killer things, but things I would like to see.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro