I feel crazy! Grey > Gold?

Starchest

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
So, I got the iPhone 5s space grey some time ago because it was the only one available and they just had one unit so I took the plunge. Coming from a black iPhone 5 I felt that it was a pretty expensive upgrade for not much of a change. I did LOVE all the new features though.

Everyday that passed I just thought about the gold 5s and what would be the best way to get one since they were out of stock everywhere. Today I rushed to my local store as there was supposedly some available. But then when I got there, helding both phones, I just changed my mind. I don't know why. Don't get me wrong the gold is sexy as hell but I just couldn't let go of my space grey. I think the major factor was that web browsing with a white phone sorrounding felt wierd, as a lot of websites have white backgrounds and they didn't contrast well with the phone.

So, leaving the store with my grey phone in hand. I just felt crazy. I had the legendary gold in hand and turned it down!

Anyways, just a silly story I wanted to share. :p

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
You'll be living with the phone for a year! I hope you made the right choice. Don't wait until it's too late. Lol - I have gold, no chance of black or white.

Starchest

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I got the time to look at the box again while I was there thinking too. And while its not anything major, in the space grey box the ring around the home button is really light grey and it looks amazing. Sadly they when with a full black home button at the end, which doesn't look bad at all either.

Just sayin'.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I think you made the right choice because if you really wanted the gold, you would have left out with it.

I have the gold & I love it but I always look at my friends space grey in envy but then again when I had the slate 5, I looked at the white in envy. I guess it's just a matter of wanting what I don't have. It happens every year, which is why I started alternating colors lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ricky Ramadhan

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
I think you made the right choice because if you really wanted the gold, you would have left out with it.

I have the gold & I love it but I always look at my friends space grey in envy but then again when I had the slate 5, I looked at the white in envy. I guess it's just a matter of wanting what I don't have. It happens every year, which is why I started alternating colors lol

You don't know what they feel when see your gold 5s, they also feel envy. LoL
I'm sorry out of topic :p

CardsFan314

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site

Lol. Sounds like me

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I prefer the grey myself and after seeing the space grey iPad Air! Wow! That thing is sexy! I can't wait for the space grey iPad mini.

polaria

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Don't feel bad. When I came to pick my iPhone the shop had to open the shipment box first. So I had my pick from eighteen phones, six of every color. Instinctively I reached for Space Grey and got it. :)

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
My sister just got the gold iPhone 5s and I was in the same boat as you my provider only had the space Gray 5s and i have always had the silver iPhones. The gold isn't that survival the space Gray is actually really nice

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm still considering (from time to time) selling my second gold one and getting a space grey model. I like the gold chassis...but I like the black glass on the front of the space grey. I do not think I would care for a black and gold model though...it'd look too much like the Saints uniform, and I'd want to break my phone every time I looked at it.

Grabber5.0

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm still considering (from time to time) selling my second gold one and getting a space grey model. I like the gold chassis...but I like the black glass on the front of the space grey. I do not think I would care for a black and gold model though...it'd look too much like the Saints uniform, and I'd want to break my phone every time I looked at it.

LOL Saints edition iPhone. :)

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
The novelty of the gold model will wear off once supply meets demand. Might have already happened. Saw one in person couple of days ago and I personally found it cheesier looking in person than I would have ever imagined from the web pics. Glad I didn't get sucked in.

Alex_Hong

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Nah. You're not the only one. I find space grey the nicer colour too, in fact I think the iPhone 5S in space grey is the prettiest and sexiest phone in the market right now. This coming from a guy who got a gold iphone 5s on launch day. :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I held out and I could not be happier. I LOVE the gold. I have never been a fan of the white iPhone, through every generation, but with the introduction of the Gold, it completely changed my mind. I had a few chances to grab the Space Gray but I held my ground. Finally found a Gold last week and I am glad I did. The downside is finding a case that shows to gold color. I ordered a Spigen Ultra Hybrid with a clear back for the time being. Once Lifeproof releases their Nuud case I will jump to that (great protection with an all clear back).

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The novelty of the gold model will wear off once supply meets demand. Might have already happened. Saw one in person couple of days ago and I personally found it cheesier looking in person than I would have ever imagined from the web pics. Glad I didn't get sucked in.

Prices online seem to support that the gold version is still very much sought after. eBay is still averaging over $100 profit (even for used models) over full retail price at minimum.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2