Applecare+ Do you always get a 5S as the replacement phone?

Larry Pager

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
So I bought applecare+

If I bust up the 5S now, I get a replacement 5S. Easy.

What happens after the iPhone 6 is released?
I'm assuming Apple will sell an iPhone 6 and a iPhone 5C/6C (which I'm assuming will be the 5S with a plastic body).
So then do we get this model then instead of a 5S?

Just curious- and I hope I never have to replace it!

Starchest

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I got a faulty iPhone 5 battery a few days ago more than a month after the 5S release, they got me a new iPhone 5 not a 5c or 5s.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
If you break your iPhone 5 right now and have Apple Care +, you will get a replacement iPhone 5. They may have stopped selling them, but they still stock them for replacement and repair purposes.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
If you break your iPhone 5 right now and have Apple Care +, you will get a replacement iPhone 5. They may have stopped selling them, but they still stock them for replacement and repair purposes.

This, exactly.

Now if you went with a different warranty company that might not be the case. (i.e. SquareTrade)

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I went in for a exchange a couple months ago and the Genius told me that they actually had a couple Original iPhones in stock just for the purpose of exchange, she said they can't sell them to the public (man would I like a original iPhone in mint condition) ... So it is very true that they will replace your phone with the exact same Model & Capacity.

JaenelleMasen

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I have my original iPhone still and it's still in pretty good condition since I put invisible shield and case on it. I also have the original box and accessories that it came in.

Ujjwal Agarwal

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Yes..they will replace your ip5 with 5s :p
ha ha just kidding you will get the same model though they have a lot of iphones 5 in there inventory and will work for couple of years for replacement and repairing purposes :)
so no issues with ip5 users

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR