What's up with the dynamic wallpapers?

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
i dont bother with the dynamic wallpapers, i just stick to a simple still one since i have reduced motion turned on. and android has been using them for awhile, so i dont know how much more of a "thing" they will be. but im sure you will see them more and more as companies are willing to try anything the competition is doing in order to keep up. not a big deal to me, its just a gimmick and serves no true purpose or use.

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Do they use a lot of battery life?

Sent from my iPhone 5s using iMore Forums mobile app

i dont know if they use alot of battery, but im sure they use more than static ones to some extent. most battery neurotics turn on reduce motion and use static wallpapers.

solitude1984

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Nah I prefer static wallpapers. Moving ones are only cute for the first minute IMO.

I don't know anyone IRL who uses moving ones ... not the people with iPhones, and not the people with android phones.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Auturi

Banned
Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I would probably try a moving one if they had better effects. Currently, um.. the ones that they have now, none of the colors look right.

The blue is too bright, I didn't like the shade of purple, and then they have a gray one which looks dingy.

Last edited:

Brady KEITH

Banned
Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
coming from an android phone (and still using a tablet running cm), in my experience they use more battery (not substantially more) than static without adding much in the way of entertainment. my 2?

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Are they going to be a thing? Do you use em?

When I first got iOS 7 beta I used them, then when I got used to it, I lost interest. I prefer the stills. They look better. I wish apple could add a few more dynamic wallpapers that have better backgrounds. They look pretty stale...
They just different colours with balls floating lol.

Auturi

Banned
Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
When I first got iOS 7 beta I used them, then when I got used to it, I lost interest. I prefer the stills. They look better. I wish apple could add a few more dynamic wallpapers that have better backgrounds. They look pretty stale...
They just different colours with balls floating lol.
Stale is the word and you can't really tell that it's moving. Oh well.

wbkm85

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I would probably try a moving one if they had better effects. Currently, um.. the ones that they have now, none of the colors look right.

The blue is too bright, I didn't like the shade of purple, and then they have a gray one which looks dingy.
agreed

i turned it off during the iOS 7 beta's and never turned it back on

dumb feature

dtblair24

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Been an android guy and live wallpapers are nice sometimes, especially if I come across a cool one. But after a while I always end up going to a static wallpaper. Sometimes they can be distracting and there is also some concern about battery life. I used the dynamic wallpapers for about 10 minutes on my iphone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro