Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Default Re: 5S home button clicking

Mine has starting a clicking noise but not bad enough to make me take it in
    iMore Pro

631 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,516 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Lao View Post
    I don't understand how the rattling power button and the click'y home button doesn't bother some people.

Even if they do not take away from the phones functionality, these issues give the phone a cheapend feel.

With such an expensive phone these issues will always linger in the back of my head.

Call me nitpicky but there are certain cases I will avoid because they feature an exposed power button. I cringe when I hear or feel that thing wiggling around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've always had clicky home buttons on my iPhones, even my iPod touch had a clicky home button. It doesn't bother me. So long as it works. Reminds me of the kindle keyboard 3rd gen. There was all this hoo hah about them creaking. Many people got theirs replaced. I didn't bother. After 2 years it was still working as well as it did the day I bought it. It hadn't fallen apart. I suppose we are all different and if it bothers you, you should get it replaced.
    iMore Beginner

56 Posts
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts

Mine touch id did make click sound also..but others than that no issue..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iMore Expert

973 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,116 Global Posts

It's normal it's because of the finger print sensor

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    iMore Guru

1,956 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,957 Global Posts

I realised when I first got my 5s I had the clicking noise, but over time it went away.

Sent from my GOLD iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    iMore Intermediate

321 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,023 Global Posts

Default 5S home button clicking

Mine clicks when I unlock the phone. I use assistive touch so I only hear the home button click on unlock.

This appears to be a normal issue. If it really is an issue at all. There's other threads on this topic. Good luck.

iMore Nanite

1 Posts

I made this account specifically to answer your question, hopefully. So today, I changed the lcd/screen on an iPhone 5s, as you may know, you have to place the home button from the cracked screen to the new one. I took the screen off about 5 times before I fixed the home button. You see, the home button has a little rubber gasket around it, you can see it when you take the screen off with the suction cup and disconnect the home button fingerprint sensor connector. You then lift the screen up slightly, to about a 45 degree angle (be careful not to lift it to much as bending can break the cables) to expose the home button assembly. After you take off the shield, you can see this rubber gasket. Take the home button out and straighten the gasket so no part of it will be folded, so you can see the gasket being almost uniform all the way around the button. If some part of it is folded under, this will cause the button to be sort of hard to press, and it won't make the slight clicking noise as it should. To fix this, you should simply straighten out the gasket. It doesn't end here though. To fix the super-clicky button, you would adjust how much you tighten the shield that holds the home button in place, as this directly affects how hard/easy the home button will be to press and whether it will click. So after you straighten out the gasket, put the shield back on. You can always see how the home button will be without assembling the phone all the way back together, just hold the screen and press the button. My problem was that the home button was too hard to press and it didn't click at all, the solution was to loosen up the shield. I hope this helps somebody... Reply below if you will have questions.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12