Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

1 Posts

Angry Download iCloud Data

IClouds may be well suited for some individuals but it's not for me. I joined iCloud shortly after it was released. I was using an iPhone 4 at the time and iCloud seemed like a good concept. Shortly after that I really stopped using my iPhone for music and just used the phone, calendar,contacts and websurfing capabilities as well as a few very good apps.

Well, I purchased an iPhone 5s last week and decided I would start using the other functions on the phone. Now, I've downloaded the latest iTunes and just wanted to get all of my music onto my 5s and save it locally on my computer. I realize now that, at least for me, iCloud isn't doing what I thought it would and I want OUT. I won't go into all the problems I have had but can someone PLEASE tell me how to get all my iCould data back onto my phone and computer and turn iCloud OFF - COMPLETELY. I've searched all over and it looks like I'm not the only one asking this question but haven't found an answer yet. I'm afraid of just uninstalling or cancelling it untill I get the $$$$ worth of files I have saved there. Apple - I'm not askiong for a refund, I just want out as soon as I can get my data. PLEASE, PLEASE make iCloud go away!!!

This maybe a very well designed and useful dervice but it's not for me. I just want any data saved in iCloud and then I want to unsubscribe.

Thank you.
    iMore Genius

3,420 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,305 Global Posts

Default Re: Download iCloud Data

Restore from iCloud on both phone and computer and then turn off and delete iCloud.