Low Light Video Recording

JDabney

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Does the 5s not have good low light video recording? In a low lit room it seems to get progressively worse on the viewfinder when you change from taking a photo to video recording and even more noticeably worse when you change to slo-mo video recording. Is that normal?

Last edited:

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Does the 5s not have good low light video recording? In a low lit room it seem to get progressively worse on the viewfinder when you change from taking a photo to video recording and even more noticeably worse when you change to slo-mo video recording. Is that normal?

I have the same issue with my phone, I was at a museum where you go into a dark room with hanging colored led lights. The pictures came out great but video was too dark to see anything.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It's just the nature of what the video capabilities are at 30fps...it employs a function to try and enhance lighting by focusing around lighted objects in low light situations, but as with most smart phone cameras, it's certainly not going to be anywhere near as accurate as normal photo shots. This is the same with most cameras that double as video cameras (including expensive DSLRs...even the high line Canon 5D and 7D, which are pretty much made for video capture, have issues in certain low light situations).

Here's a decent write up focused on the video capture portion of the device...

Video Mode: Review: How does Apple's new iPhone 5s perform as a camera?: Connect

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2