Low Light Video Recording
Does the 5s not have good low light video recording? In a low lit room it seems to get progressively worse on the viewfinder when you change from taking a photo to video recording and even more noticeably worse when you change to slo-mo video recording. Is that normal?
Last edited by JDabney; 10-25-2013 at 12:37 PM.
- 10-25-2013, 12:34 PM #2
- 10-25-2013, 01:42 PM #3
Re: Low Light Video Recording
It's just the nature of what the video capabilities are at 30fps...it employs a function to try and enhance lighting by focusing around lighted objects in low light situations, but as with most smart phone cameras, it's certainly not going to be anywhere near as accurate as normal photo shots. This is the same with most cameras that double as video cameras (including expensive DSLRs...even the high line Canon 5D and 7D, which are pretty much made for video capture, have issues in certain low light situations).
Here's a decent write up focused on the video capture portion of the device...
Video Mode: Review: How does Apple's new iPhone 5s perform as a camera?: Connect
- By talldreams in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 11-17-2013, 08:02 PM
- By SuperNU in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 2Last Post: 10-22-2013, 08:32 PM
- By Fausty82 in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-22-2013, 11:22 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-22-2013, 08:23 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 10-21-2013, 08:02 AM