Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By nikkisharif
  • 1 Post By km12345
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Gold Scratches??

So my wife has decided to make the jump to iPhone from blackberry thank god, but the only thing is the local cell store only has black and gold in stock. she likes the gold one better but shes also an ocd scratch person with her devices unlike myself. does anyone know how well the gold ones are holding up for wear and tear? I apologize if this has been asked I searched but couldn't find anything.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,960 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

Default Re: Gold Scratches??

No issues with mine, still flawless (and have been rocking it without a case for about a week now). I don't think the "scratching" issue common with the darker color iPhone 5 last year will arise with any of the 5S color variations. Apple learned their lesson.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    No issues with mine, still flawless (and have been rocking it without a case for about a week now). I don't think the "scratching" issue common with the darker color iPhone 5 last year will arise with any of the 5S color variations. Apple learned their lesson.
    Thanks for the update much appreciated

Sent from my iPhone 5s
    " Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that , who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!"

Global Posts
    2,286 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    Yeah, they definitely learned after all those scratched iPhones last year. Lol!

No problem here either. She'll be pleased.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app
    64GB iPhone 6 32GB iPhone 5S 64GB iPad 3 LTE 15" MacBook Pro 2.8GHz 21" iMac 2.9GHz i5

Default Gold Scratches??

Quote Originally Posted by H A W K View Post
    So my wife has decided to make the jump to iPhone from blackberry thank god, but the only thing is the local cell store only has black and gold in stock. she likes the gold one better but shes also an ocd scratch person with her devices unlike myself. does anyone know how well the gold ones are holding up for wear and tear? I apologize if this has been asked I searched but couldn't find anything.
    I got no issues at all. I have a case though. So it helps with wear and tear and the aluminium holds pretty good. Unless she is gonna drop the phone without a case then it's a different story.

No issues at all with mine & I've had it since launch. Sometimes its in a case, sometimes its not...Its pretty tough
    Thanked by:
    GlenzerArnold (11-01-2013)
    Mrluky likes this.
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Sekelani Zwambila View Post
    I got no issues at all. I have a case though. So it helps with wear and tear and the aluminium holds pretty good. Unless she is gonna drop the phone without a case then it's a different story.
    Yeah me and my wife never use cases... Ever lol

Sent from my iPhone 5s
    " Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that , who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!"

Default Gold Scratches??

Yeah me and my wife never use cases... Ever lol

Sent from my iPhone 5s
    Then I hope you start. Because it will definitely get scratches. It's inevitable.
    No phone on the market won't get scratched.
  9. Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Quote Originally Posted by Sekelani Zwambila View Post
    Then I hope you start. Because it will definitely get scratches. It's inevitable.
    No phone on the market won't get scratched.
    Yeah I know it will happen eventually I was just wondering of it was horrible like the 5 was that's all

Sent from my iPhone 5s

Yeah I know it will happen eventually I was just wondering of it was horrible like the 5 was that's all

Sent from my iPhone 5s
    The build quality has improved. I haven't seen any complaints as of yet mate!
    I don't see any reason not to get this phone. You'll love it

Global Posts
    4,362 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 8

No scratches on my gold. Have had it for 8 days now. I do not use a case. Only when I'm charging the phone with a Mophie juice pack. Then I immediately take that ugly thing off.
    Formerly forever29
    iPhone 6 Plus 128GB
    iPad Mini with Retina 32gb
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,391 Global Posts

I've seen one person at work that has the Gold 5S who doesn't use a case and there isn't a scratch on it so far. Without a case though, chances of it scratching are greater than if it had some type of case.
    iMore Intermediate

Just put on a clear full body. It looks naked but has decent normal wear n tear protection. I wanna go nude but after two weeks I realized I was wasting too mUch energy worrying about damaging it. Therefore I did next best thing, get clear full body n a clear case. Only spent like $7. No worries n still minimal n still looks good. I do take case off if I go out.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    qbnkelt likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by km12345 View Post
    Just put on a clear full body. It looks naked but has decent normal wear n tear protection. I wanna go nude but after two weeks I realized I was wasting too mUch energy worrying about damaging it. Therefore I did next best thing, get clear full body n a clear case. Only spent like $7. No worries n still minimal n still looks good. I do take case off if I go out.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    This is what I will do with my gold one, when I get it. I've got a clear full body case I use already.

Aren't there also screen protector type films that go over the back as well? ghost armour?
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    291 Global Posts

where do you live, your store has gold right now . buy one for me i will send you the money
  16. Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  

Quote Originally Posted by Mrluky View Post
    where do you live, your store has gold right now . buy one for me i will send you the money
    I live in the Northwest Territories ( northern canada ). They only have 16 gb gold. Which works for my wife, but wouldn't work for me. Personally I think the space grey looks ten times better.

Sent from my iPhone 5s
    iMore Intermediate

Anyway i think it's better to have a case but , this time we won't hear from Eddy cue saying that scratches and dings are normal.😄

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk - now Free
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    761 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mrluky View Post
    THIS!!!
  19. Thread AuthorThread Author   #19  

I actually picked up a gold one for me and my wife after seeing it in person. awesome color. I am now selling my space grey lol