Gold Scratches??

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
So my wife has decided to make the jump to iPhone from blackberry thank god, but the only thing is the local cell store only has black and gold in stock. she likes the gold one better but shes also an ocd scratch person with her devices unlike myself. does anyone know how well the gold ones are holding up for wear and tear? I apologize if this has been asked I searched but couldn't find anything.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
No issues with mine, still flawless (and have been rocking it without a case for about a week now). I don't think the "scratching" issue common with the darker color iPhone 5 last year will arise with any of the 5S color variations. Apple learned their lesson.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
No issues with mine, still flawless (and have been rocking it without a case for about a week now). I don't think the "scratching" issue common with the darker color iPhone 5 last year will arise with any of the 5S color variations. Apple learned their lesson.

Thanks for the update much appreciated

Sent from my iPhone 5s

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

Yeah, they definitely learned after all those scratched iPhones last year. Lol!

No problem here either. She'll be pleased.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
So my wife has decided to make the jump to iPhone from blackberry thank god, but the only thing is the local cell store only has black and gold in stock. she likes the gold one better but shes also an ocd scratch person with her devices unlike myself. does anyone know how well the gold ones are holding up for wear and tear? I apologize if this has been asked I searched but couldn't find anything.

I got no issues at all. I have a case though. So it helps with wear and tear and the aluminium holds pretty good. Unless she is gonna drop the phone without a case then it's a different story.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I got no issues at all. I have a case though. So it helps with wear and tear and the aluminium holds pretty good. Unless she is gonna drop the phone without a case then it's a different story.

Yeah me and my wife never use cases... Ever lol

Sent from my iPhone 5s

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
No scratches on my gold. Have had it for 8 days now. I do not use a case. Only when I'm charging the phone with a Mophie juice pack. Then I immediately take that ugly thing off.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I've seen one person at work that has the Gold 5S who doesn't use a case and there isn't a scratch on it so far. Without a case though, chances of it scratching are greater than if it had some type of case.

km12345

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Just put on a clear full body. It looks naked but has decent normal wear n tear protection. I wanna go nude but after two weeks I realized I was wasting too mUch energy worrying about damaging it. Therefore I did next best thing, get clear full body n a clear case. Only spent like $7. No worries n still minimal n still looks good. I do take case off if I go out. :)

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Just put on a clear full body. It looks naked but has decent normal wear n tear protection. I wanna go nude but after two weeks I realized I was wasting too mUch energy worrying about damaging it. Therefore I did next best thing, get clear full body n a clear case. Only spent like $7. No worries n still minimal n still looks good. I do take case off if I go out. :)

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

This is what I will do with my gold one, when I get it. I've got a clear full body case I use already.

Aren't there also screen protector type films that go over the back as well? ghost armour?

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
where do you live, your store has gold right now . buy one for me i will send you the money

I live in the Northwest Territories ( northern canada ). They only have 16 gb gold. Which works for my wife, but wouldn't work for me. Personally I think the space grey looks ten times better.

Sent from my iPhone 5s

plantemichel

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Anyway i think it's better to have a case but , this time we won't hear from Eddy cue saying that scratches and dings are normal.😄

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk - now Free

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I actually picked up a gold one for me and my wife after seeing it in person. awesome color. I am now selling my space grey lol

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73