Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By JOEY NEAT
  • 2 Post By SeanHRCC
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

1 Posts

Default Calendar Entry Relative to DAY of the week

Does anybody out there know how to set up a calendar entry that is relative to the DAY of the week? I have the new IOS 7 Version on my IPhone 5S and looked high and low for a "custom" button. Only option I can find is a recurring "monthly" choice, but that won't get you a calendar entry that is every 4 weeks on Thursday. Perplexed. Other than that, as a reformed Blackberry user, I am LOVING this new phone!
    iMore Intermediate

113 Posts
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts

Default Re: Calendar Entry Relative to DAY of the week

I tried the same thing and it appears to not be possible. I use Pocket Informant Pro as my calendar. It allows you to set custom recurring events including a specific day. I love IOS 7 but the calendar is much to be desired.
    pdietz likes this.

12,021 Posts
    Global Posts
    12,215 Global Posts

Default Re: Calendar Entry Relative to DAY of the week

I see options for a singular event, daily event, weekly, bi-weekly, monthly and annual when you select the "repeat" function while setting up an event. Your specified need would require you to make an event for the the first Thursday you needed a reminder, and then subsequent "monthly" repeats. Adding to this, syncing my Mac calendar function allows me to set custom reminders for any kind of specific time frame I want (in pretty much any variation I want)...so doing it on your computer and then syncing your calendar (whether direct or via iCloud) is another, and even further detailed way of getting this reminder on your iPhone.
    taz323 and pdietz like this.