jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
See I keep all my music in iTunes Match so they show in my phone but in cloud

Sent from my iPhone5s using iMore Forums mobile app

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
The bigger you go the better in the long run. A lot of people don't like deleting apps and pictures from their phone, even though pictures can be stored. When it's time to upgrade your software, if you don't have enough space, you won't be able to. 16gb is simply too small though, especially if you're like me and like your apps.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Ujjwal Agarwal

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
depends on your usage.. if your a heavy user and app junky u need a bigger storage..i myself..don't keep tons of crap apps and clean them time to time so 16 gigs is sufficient for me
i have 16gigs in my ipad 2 too :) seems sufficient to me

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I use a 32GB model. That's the closest to a recommendation I can give you because I have no idea what you use your iPhone for or how much storage you need.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I got by with a 16g 4s for a year. Had to do some space management from time to time. I only had issues when wanted to video family events this summer. It's like I should have planned ahead and moved some apps and media off the device.
With a 32 you have a lot of wiggle room to be more flexible.

#Naked Tuesday

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Planning on batting a new iPhone which size is recommended?

32. I stopped going the 16 route after the iPhone 4. I expect Apple to probably drop the 16 model pretty soon, just as they did the 8. Apps are getting larger and cameras are getting better. I bought a 16 iPhone 4S, went home and loaded up my stuff and noticed I barely had any storage left (first time I took notice to the free storage bar at the bottom of iTunes). I took it back the same day and got the 32.

DarkBlade_95

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Get the 32GB model. It's probably the least people should get for a phone which is as powerful and can do as much as this phone. A realistic measure of about 11-12GB won't be enough. Hell, I wonder if my 32GB storage is too little sometimes!

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
i'm having a tough time deciding between the two sizes also right now. i've been ready to order one for weeks now but i just can't decide on a 16 or 32. I've had my 16gb 4S for two years now and it was always plenty of space for me. but i worry about all the documents and data for each app that keeps racking up. if it wasn't for that i'd have a lot more storage available. i'm thinking maybe a 16gb again

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
i'm having a tough time deciding between the two sizes also right now. i've been ready to order one for weeks now but i just can't decide on a 16 or 32. I've had my 16gb 4S for two years now and it was always plenty of space for me. but i worry about all the documents and data for each app that keeps racking up. if it wasn't for that i'd have a lot more storage available. i'm thinking maybe a 16gb again
If your primary concern is space for documents then a 16GB iPhone should suffice. Having said that, needs fluctuate and sometime you need more wiggle room, so to speak, and therefore, I recommend you purchase the 32GB model.

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
If your primary concern is space for documents then a 16GB iPhone should suffice. Having said that, needs fluctuate and sometime you need more wiggle room, so to speak, and therefore, I recommend you purchase the 32GB model.

If there was a way to clear the documents and data for each app it wouldn't be a problem. I don't see why a 30MB app needs to store 250MB of data. Doesn't make any sense to me.

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
When I bought my 5s from AT&T the sales rep told me Apple recommends a 32gb since ios7 requires alot of space & since more & more APPS are getting bigger in size. Is this true is did they just want to sale a 32gb?

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
When I bought my 5s from AT&T the sales rep told me Apple recommends a 32gb since ios7 requires alot of space & since more & more APPS are getting bigger in size. Is this true is did they just want to sale a 32gb?

Sounds like a sales pitch. iOS 7 could be bigger in size and updated apps may be bigger but in my opinion the size phone you get is based on how the individual uses it and what they plan on putting in it.

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
My 16gb was sluggish at times with iOS 7 on it as well. Could that of been the main problem?

Sent from my 5s iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
My 16gb was sluggish at times with iOS 7 on it as well. Could that of been the main problem?

What was your 16gig a 4,4S or 5? on my 16gig 4S if I was close to maxing out it affected performance on iOS 6.
I didn't have a lot of time with iOS 7 on my 16gig 4S the following week after the release of iOS 7 I got a 64gig 5S.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site

Memory and storage space are 2 TOTAL different things. Having 16 or 32gb doesn't matter if the memory is low. That will cause the device to run sluggish.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2