Ultrafast LTE wireless

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
What does apple mean by this?

"Ultrafast LTE wireless.**
iPhone 5s supports more LTE bands than ever. Which means you can get ultrafast LTE coverage in more places."

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
What does apple mean by this?

"Ultrafast LTE wireless.**
iPhone 5s supports more LTE bands than ever. Which means you can get ultrafast LTE coverage in more places."

It means LTE is faster than 3G and now it supports more bands .. Carriers use different bands for LTE

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
So is it possible for one carrier to be using more than one bands?

Sent from my iPhone5s using iMore Forums mobile app

I'm not sure but most carriers use a band for example band 11 is for say Verizon and band 12 is att and band 13 is sprint
The phone can support multiple bands so if I have a Verizon iPhone and put in a att sim it can pick up att LTE because the phone supports that band also..

The band number I just used are all examples .. Not actual so if you research the carrier and compare to apple site you can see who supports what

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
So is it possible for one carrier to be using more than one bands?

Sent from my iPhone5s using iMore Forums mobile app

Some do.

In Canada, for instance, Rogers has an LTE network both on the AWS bands (4 and 17) and on Band 7 (2600 MHz). So actually could use either the American or European iPhone 5s models to get LTE in Canada. (But the American model is the one sold up here.)

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
They basically have all carrier LTE bands in one phone. Easy way for them to sale phones and they don't have to make the models with different bands like before. They'll all work anywhere, practically.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2