i5s and ios 7 rant

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I have had no issues with crashes. As others have stated the processor makes the 5S quicker and will show when more 64bit apps are available. People have said the 64 bit processor is no big deal because the apps aren't available yet, so does that mean Apple shouldn't have developed a quicker processor? And why do people consider a device as not being upgraded if the look doesn't change. The Iphone 5 was a well designed device with a good build, why not continue with the same chasis?

New processor, new OS, 64bit,touch ID. Even though this is a S model it's more of a brand new model.
The 5s could be closer to a iPhone 6 than it is to a iPhone 5.
iPhone 5S owners are early adopters of this new technology. Each IOS before 7 was an improvement in the original iPhone OS.
iOS 7 is a new beginning.

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
I had the same crashing several times a day problem you did at first. Seems like it gets better every couple days my apps get updated. It's not the phone or iOS7 so much, just developers need to update their apps. As of now I only have one app that crashes, but it does it every other time I use it. Super inconvenient, but not Apple's fault.

lui22

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I kinda have to agree with you. I know others "arent" having difficulties and such BUT there isnt anything really really Unique about iOS 7 It reminds me a bit like Windows Vista with the whol transparency thing going on. I and as well as the exterier well if your not used to apple skimping over changing the whole exterior of a device every other iteration of the iPhone then you havent very well been paying attention.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I kinda have to agree with you. I know others "arent" having difficulties and such BUT there isnt anything really really Unique about iOS 7 It reminds me a bit like Windows Vista with the whol transparency thing going on.

It doesn't have to be unique to be successful...people just have to like it. A lot of these car companies take looks and/or features from other companies and while some may not care for it, others love it. Choices make everything better...To each, their own

lui22

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't have to be unique to be successful...people just have to like it. A lot of these car companies take looks and/or features from other companies and while some may not care for it, others love it. Choices make everything better...To each, their own
People have to like the IMPLEMENTATION of the features available. People liked vista until they realized it is just the frosted glass and it skewed the vision of people from seeing some of the biggest flaws in the operating system iOS 7 has a ways to go before it hits the stability that 6.1.3 had.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
People have to like the IMPLEMENTATION of the features available. People liked vista until they realized it is just the frosted glass and it skewed the vision of people from seeing some of the biggest flaws in the operating system iOS 7 has a ways to go before it hits the stability that 6.1.3 had.

Since the problem is only affecting a small group of people, do you ever stop to wonder if the issue is an app that isn't optimized for the faster processor? I had an issue the 1st few days after launch. Every time I used the Delta app, my phone would respring. The app got updated & my phone has had no issues since. Sometimes you have to look outside the box, especially when not everyone is reporting a problem. BTW, I never liked Vista lol

lui22

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Since the problem is only affecting a small group of people, do you ever stop to wonder if the issue is an app that isn't optimized for the faster processor? I had an issue the 1st few days after launch. Every time I used the Delta app, my phone would respring. The app got updated & my phone has had no issues since. Sometimes you have to look outside the box, especially when not everyone is reporting a problem. BTW, I never liked Vista lol

I actually have no idea what we are on about haha but I do see your point but I raise you this. During the keynote it was announced that the device would be capable of running 32 and well as 64 bit apps. What about the 32 bit apps would cause such a hiccup that a 64bit processor couldn't keep up with? And yeah I think only a very minuscule about of people didn't like vista haha

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I actually have no idea what we are on about haha but I do see your point but I raise you this. During the keynote it was announced that the device would be capable of running 32 and well as 64 bit apps. What about the 32 bit apps would cause such a hiccup that a 64bit processor couldn't keep up with? And yeah I think only a very minuscule about of people didn't like vista haha

I missed the keynote but that's a valid question! Whatever the issue is, I hope it gets taken care of soon because iOS7 is actually pretty nice. I'm still waiting on my jailbreak but this is a good filler until then

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
I tell you what ... I will trade you straight across my mint Black iPhone 5 that runs as smooth as butter for your Space Gray iPhone 5s with all it's problems, and put you out of your misery.

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I have never had my iP5S crash since I bought it. I had 1 APP crash and the developer says the APP is not 64 bit processor compatible. I have other older APPs that are not updated and they run fine. I woud say that 95% of my APPs have been update to wprk with the 64 bit system.

As for IOS 7 I love it. My 1st iPhone was a 3G. I think IOS 7 gives IOS devices a new fresh feel and look. I frankly know that I was getting pretty bored with IOS 6.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Think about what you just said...lol.

Of course iOS 7 has a way to go before it's as smooth as 6.1.3...iOS 6 was simply a more polished version of iOS 5, and iOS 5 was a more polished version of iOS 4, etc.

iOS 7 was almost a full renovation of the OS...so why would you think that immediately it would be running as smoothly as an OS version that had been being polished for several years? iOS 7 is running near flawlessly for most people, and it's only on it's second minor firmware update...MINOR update. It hasn't even had a major one yet, and it's running this good.

lui22

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Think about what you just said...lol.

Of course iOS 7 has a way to go before it's as smooth as 6.1.3...iOS 6 was simply a more polished version of iOS 5, and iOS 5 was a more polished version of iOS 4, etc.

iOS 7 was almost a full renovation of the OS...so why would you think that immediately it would be running as smoothly as an OS version that had been being polished for several years? iOS 7 is running near flawlessly for most people, and it's only on it's second minor firmware update...MINOR update. It hasn't even had a major one yet, and it's running this good.

Think about what you just said and re analyze what I said

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Think about what you just said and re analyze what I said

I analyzed your post just fine the first time I replied...you're likening iOS 7 with Widows Vista in that the visuals are skewing the consumers understanding of a real underlying problem with the OS itself. I didn't get into it, but what issues are you referencing with iOS 7 as an OS that were non-existent in iOS 6? So far NOTHING has been reported on the OS side with any frequency that could lead someone to believe there was an actual issue with the OS...isolated issues with glitchy performance are in no way an indication of a problem with the OS, especially when most people are reporting perfect performance.

Also, my previous comment simply searches for your logic in expecting a fully polished product upon first release? You keep referencing Vista, but Vista was plagued with deeply rooted problems from the release day...this isn't the same scenario at all. Vista needed a re-write from the time it was released until the day it was replaced, iOS 7 needs the typical Apple polish after a few weeks of release.

I guess I just find your Vista comparison laughable.

lui22

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I analyzed your post just fine the first time I replied...you're likening iOS 7 with Widows Vista in that the visuals are skewing the consumers understanding of a real underlying problem with the OS itself. I didn't get into it, but what issues are you referencing with iOS 7 as an OS that were non-existent in iOS 6? So far NOTHING has been reported on the OS side with any frequency that could lead someone to believe there was an actual issue with the OS...isolated issues with glitchy performance are in no way an indication of a problem with the OS, especially when most people are reporting perfect performance.

Also, my previous comment simply searches for your logic in expecting a fully polished product upon first release? You keep referencing Vista, but Vista was plagued with deeply rooted problems from the release day...this isn't the same scenario at all. Vista needed a re-write from the time it was released until the day it was replaced, iOS 7 needs the typical Apple polish after a few weeks of release.

I guess I just find your Vista comparison laughable.

Isolated issues with glitchy performance are not indeed ANY way and indication of fundamental problems yet. So far some of the biggest issues are BSOD iMessage not working and battery not being that great. But there is nothing indeed that compels you to update rather than to say on an ALREADY STABLE iteration of the software.

I told you to reanalyze my post because no where did i say i expect for everything to be dandy from the start. That is IMPOSSIBLE.

For the sake of peace I leave this argument with you until further developments.

lui22

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I missed the keynote but that's a valid question! Whatever the issue is, I hope it gets taken care of soon because iOS7 is actually pretty nice. I'm still waiting on my jailbreak but this is a good filler until then

I do too! Im actually quite tiered of getting that notification to update. Im trying to unlock my 4S to sprint using a gevey sim and i cant update. but what im really waiting for is the 6.1.3 jailbreak

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I do too! Im actually quite tiered of getting that notification to update. Im trying to unlock my 4S to sprint using a gevey sim and i cant update. but what im really waiting for is the 6.1.3 jailbreak
Gonna be a long wait... I believe jailbreak devs are putting efforts into iOS 7 jailbreaks...