Constantly losing reception on my iPhone 5S

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
This has been happening frequently. I'm not sure if it's my cellular provider but it's getting pretty annoying. It happens about 5 times a day, especially when I'm posting something to this forum or browsing the net.
Does anyone have this problem?
I've tried turning airplane mode off then on, it helps for a few minutes then again I would loose reception. 😒

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Constantly loseing reception on my iPhone 5S

I am not having any issues with my 5S. Perhaps a restore and/or a trip to the apple store genuis bar is in order if it does not resolve itself

Sent from something waiting to get jailbroken

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Not having any issues with my 5S, however, I have read about some people over at MR who are complaining that the reception on the 5S is not as good as it was with their iPhone 5. Some tried to restore and said that it helped while others were doing what you did and put their 5S in Airplane mode when this problem occurred. I would try taking your SIM card out for a few minutes and pop it back in making sure that it is seated in the tray properly. I had this problem once when I had my 5 and found out when I was switching the SIm card back to the 5 from the Nexus 4, I must not have aligned it right the first time. It was fine after I put it back in again.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Uh oh, better go get a Nexus 5! The best and most revolutionary smart phone this week!

I've personally not had any issues with reception...in fact, my LTE service on this phone is quite substantially better than my iPhone 5 was.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
When I was using the space grey model I was having reception issues. I went to get a sim swap and it was a little better but still not as great as it is on my iPhone 5.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Do the signal loss events happen at random times and places, or is there a pattern emerging with commonality based upon time, place, or both?

nr2d

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Haver you tried "Resetting Network Settings" under General - Reset. I know some people had a problem with iMessage and that quick fix that was suggested was to reset the network settings. Maybe that problem was that first thought.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Can your carrier reset the signal to your phone? You'll have to call them on another phone for them to do it though.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
Can your carrier reset the signal to your phone? You'll have to call them on another phone for them to do it though.

Usually you have to call them from another phone. They usually ask to turn off the device while they wipe and reload the profile onto your phone.

Sent from my Gameboy Color

plantemichel

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I never had problem, with my sim on my 5 and 5S but I did with my 4 and 4S Sim. Just switche the sim and probem was Fixed.😄

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk - now Free

AgentHeracles

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
If you are on Verizon, they said that with so many people upgrading to phones with LTE, some people are temporarily being signal downgraded. Also was this happening on other phones in same areas?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2