Is The 5S The Best Smartphone You've Ever Owned/Used?

Is The iPhone 5S The Best Smartphone You've Ever Owned/Used?

• Total voters

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
It's pretty simple; is the iPhone 5S the best smartphone you've ever owned/used? Please explain why or why not and state your general device history (meaning you don't have to list every single smartphone you've owned, but just give us an idea of what you've come from).

I've had every kind of smartphone possible except for the newer Windows Phones (for obviously reasons as I'm fully integrated into the Apple ecosystem). Most recently, my two favorites have been my HTC Droid DNA and something that might surprise some of you, the BlackBerry Z10. I loved the DNA for the big, bright, beautiful display and because it was the fastest, most intuitive Android phone I'd ever laid hands on (though that honor would now go to the HTC One). The BlackBerry will always have a place in my heart because the Z10 was BlackBerry's first all touchscreen phone that was actually good. They didn't cut corners like they did with the Storm and Torch and the screen was actually incredibly responsive and worked very well, but that's not why I loved it as that's something to be expected in 2013. What I loved so much about it was that the entire phone was based around communication, or as they called it, the BlackBerry Hub. The entire experience felt so cohesive and it just felt right. Unfortunately, it was held back by the lack of apps. I dealt with it for 6-7 months but that was enough for me. They really have something special in the OS but without developers on board, it just can't sustain.

Now, that brought me to arriving at the Verizon store at 5:55am on the morning of September 20th, aka iPhone 5S/5C launch day. I've had iPhones in the past but ultimately departed (though I continued buying iPads) because iOS had become old and stale, but iOS 7 was just the rejuvenation needed to bring me back and I've never been happier with a phone than I am with my 5S. Unfortunately, I had to pay full retail for my 64GB in order to keep my unlimited data, but it was completely worth it. The 5S absolutely screams and performs like nothing I've ever used before and the browser is topped only by the BB10 browser (if Safari had Flash I'd call it a tie, but the lack of Flash tips the scale the other direction). However, as a whole, the 5S just can't be beat. Media is very important to me as I have a lot of doctor appointments and spend a lot of time in waiting rooms and I need to have my phone fully stocked with movies and music to pass the time and I love not having to use some backdoor route to get my phone to sync with iTunes. So combine the performance of the phone with my ecosystem of choice and it's a complete winner to me.

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I have had many, many different smartphones in the past 7 years and I can solidly say that the iPhone is definitely the best phone I have used. I always come back to iPhone ....always.

Sent from something waiting to get jailbroken

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
iPhone 5S best phone ever owned. This time the experience is much better. While on sprint had the 4S and 5. This time around switched to AT&T after 12 years with sprint. The carrier you are with really makes a difference. I'm truly enjoying enjoying this iPhone on a great fast LTE network.

...via iPad from TapaTalk...

km12345

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I have had att htc 9xxx from years back, then 3GS and then 5s.

3GS were light years better. I got tired of it not being able to handle newer games as well as in general slower everything, therefore it was ripe for an upgrade.

I do love my 5s. All I need now is a jailbreak for it.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I've had every iPhone since the 3GS came out as well as many Android devices in between. With all of the improvements like the faster processor, updated camera with dual flash, the iPhone 5S is definitely the best phone that I've owned so far.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Unquestionably...it has polished the features I already loved, added features that are truly useful and delivered all of this with the same form factor that suits me perfectly.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
The best phone I have ever owned is............the immaculate, sexy , tailored gold iPhone 5S. Lord this phone is worth the money and every penny.
I remember working 45hours the week before I got this phone. It was an exhausting week but when I finally got the gold 64gig in my hands i was happy.

I've owned a diversity of phones from the original Nokia 9200. Then the Nokia e3. Then the iPhone 3G, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, then the iPhone 5S.
Every year I buy a new iPhone. I'm in my last year of studies so I have to save wisely to spoil myself for these gadgets. I start saving for the next generation phone the day I get the new one.
I put $50 a side every fourth night till I get over a couple of hundreds. Then it multiplies through the months till the next iPhone arrives.
With the iPhone 5s the saving spree didn't go according to plan lol. But I got it anyway.
The iPhone 5 alone was orgasmic lol. I loved it. Had no issues. Then the 5S put the icing on the cake.
Only problem I have is 1. I made a STUPID mistake by trying a note 3, then realising the 5S is king. 2. Battery life is hideous.
Other than that I'm very happy.
I hope I answered your question.

Last edited:

Stefano_B

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I think it's the best for many reasons. Do I think it's the best? Yes - for what it's designed to do with its limitations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I'll know in 6-8 months if the 5s is the best I've owned. All of my other iPhones I've had for a year or more. The iPhone 1 I kept for 2 years. The HTC I had and the BB don't even get consideration. The 3GS was really solid. The 4S I could have rocked that for another year if it weren't for the hotness of the 5S.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Yes despite having had two warranty replacements already. I am on pace to keep up with my 4S at this rate.

rahrah12

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
first time with an iPhone...enjoying it so far...don't know if this rivals how cool I felt when I had the Palm Treo's compared to what was out... :p

Larry Pager

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
I hate it.
It's so light, it's like it's not even in your hands. It's like it doesn't even exist.
Oh wait, that's because it doesn't exist. :crying:
Still waiting for mine to ship!
From my experience at the Apple store, this looks like it's gonna be amazing and I can't wait to get my hands on it.

So far, I'd have to say the 3GS was the best smartphone- it was my first smartphone. And I waited in line in NYC, which was a fun experience.
Going from a dumbphone to 3GS? That was such a huge leap in technology, it just blew my mind.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro