Do you think the gold 5s is gaining popularity due to how it looks?

Xx BEN xX

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
This is probably a useless thread but I had to ask this question.. Do you think the gold 5s is gaining popularity due to how it looks or how rare they are to find at the moment. Seems to me MOST people voted for liking the space grey at the beginning of the release but the rarer the gold becomes the more people are switching to want it. I think it falls I'm the "I can't have it, so I want it more" category.

Sent from my iPhone 5s

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
This is probably a useless thread but I had to ask this question.. Do you think the gold 5s is gaining popularity due to how it looks or how rare they are to find at the moment. Seems to me MOST people voted for liking the space grey at the beginning of the release but the rarer the gold becomes the more people are switching to want it. I think it falls I'm the "I can't have it, so I want it more" category.

Sent from my iPhone 5s

I have no doubt that many people buy the gold variant because of that exact reason...the "hype machine" as they call it. Me personally, I wanted the gold one because I thought it looked good. After my first one, I was on the fence about it, it's really light in color and only under certain lights does it actually look truly "gold"...but I had a silver and white model before, and wanted something different.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have no doubt that many people buy the gold variant because of that exact reason...the "hype machine" as they call it. Me personally, I wanted the gold one because I thought it looked good. After my first one, I was on the fence about it, it's really light in color and only under certain lights does it actually look truly "gold"...but I had a silver and white model before, and wanted something different.

​I agree...:)

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I think it's definitely something that I think people wanted to say they had the gold one, and not just because of the color. I personally don't have interest because the glass is white, and I don't do white phones, so if it had been black glass maybe I would've been more interested.

km12345

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I thought gold was going to be ugly n wanted grey. Then I saw it n thought its classy.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I think a lot of the popularity came from the shortages. It's made it more of a must have. I've held one several times thinking it would grow on me. It hasn't. Maybe I need a gold chain and teeth to go along with it. ;)

grassyblue

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I actually think for the majority of people, the gold is just the next new thing. When rumors first arose about the gold, a ton of people were bashing it. Now that it's out and in such short supply, it's almost like everyone wants it. I think the hype will die down eventually.

Xx BEN xX

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I met a guy today who found a 32 gig gold phone. He sold his 64 gig space grey for the buy out price on the gold one. Just crazy in my opinion

Sent from my iPhone 5s

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I think the Gold is in high demand for the looks. It so different from what Apple normally does.

I like the Space Gray which I have but the Gold does have a flair to it with the Gold ring on the home button. I haven't had chance to see the Gold in person only in photos. Going to Apple Store tomorrow hopefully they will have one on display.

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I only think the gold iPhone is gaining popularity cause apple or iPhone never had a gold version before so this is a first for apple and it is very successful

Philip Pearl

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
There is of course another reason for wanting gold (though not mine; I simply think it looks elegant). As you know, China is or soon will be Apple's biggest market. As you may not know, gold symbolizes good luck to the Chinese. So, when the time comes that you want to sell your iPhone for the Next Big Thing, which version of the 5S do you think will be worth most on the open market: space gray, silver, or....gold?

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site

Sent from my iPhone 5s

Yeah absolutely. I've had both the white silver and previously the iPhone 5 black slate. I had to get something different. The gold is beautiful. It's like a trophy wife lol. I kept checking the apple store for gold. Until one day after my stupidity with the note 3, they had my 64 gold just waiting for me at the apple store. I grabbed it and it was the last one in stock. Lucky me I guess.
Having the gold is also a big distinction with having the 5S. It's pretty exclusive and shows you've upgraded by the looks side of it.
That's another reason why I wanted to get it.

anon(279851)

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I met a guy today who found a 32 gig gold phone. He sold his 64 gig space grey for the buy out price on the gold one. Just crazy in my opinion

Sent from my iPhone 5s

I have the 64gb Space Grey and would like to exchange it but not going to do it THAT way. I'm good if I don't.

UPDATE:

I was able to exchange it for the Gold 64gb one. It's very nice.

Last edited:

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Just got back from the Apple Store checked out the gold first time live. Its pretty sweet. Not as bling as I thought but it looks good, I see what people mean that its more a champagne color.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Just got back from the Apple Store checked out the gold first time live. Its pretty sweet. Not as bling as I thought but it looks good, I see what people mean that its more a champagne color.

The "bling" one is the ugly Galaxy that Samsung is reportedly releasing. Disgusting

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox