• Yes

Votes: 42 79.2%
  • No

Votes: 11 20.8%

• Total voters

Larry Pager

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
So how many of you are getting applecare+ for the 5S?

Do you pay $99 with tax for the option of replacing your phone x 2 for $79 + tax and an extra year of coverage?
Or spend that money on a case or two or three and pocket the savings?

I'm not sure what to do still- I'm gonna try to keep the phone for 2yrs, so it would make sense...

metacuate

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I paid the $99 because I have broken phones before. A few of them. So it is worth it to me to be able to walk into an apple store and walk out with a replacement. The new home button on the 5s is going to be expensive to replace, and I have seen new screens online (self-repairs) going for upwards of $300.

kristopherlarry

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm Trying The BB Geek Squad Protection Plan.... 😕

& Now Proud Owner Of A Gold iPhone 5S 32gb, iPhone 4, iPad 3 32gb, iPad Mini LTE 32gb, Apple TV3 x2..... No Better Ecosystem... 😜

P.s... & Waiting 4 A 32g i5S In Gold.... Becuz I'm Sassy... LoL

NoleScream

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I did for my wife's, but not mine.

Oddly enough my wife's was submerged in water for a couple of seconds in an Otterbox Defender case and survived. I thought I was going to have to use Applecare+ for the first time, but didn't. Go figure.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I rarely keep my devices over a year, so it's never a worth while investment for me...me and my wife both bought square trade coverage for our iPhone 5's last year though because we got a deal on both of them when we bought coverage for the TV we bought last fall.

wbkm85

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
never gotten it

if i need a replacement you have a year warranty and you can do an express replacement or to go a store and have the device exchanged.

in a year i'll have the new phone

easy as that lol. and if you need the screen replaced its $250. better than paying for a new iPhone

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I got Apple Care + because I live outside the US and if I need any help there is no one here in my country that can assist me with any issues, but having the ability to call Apple Customer Care for 2 years is amazing!

I never broke a phone, and rarely sent any of my phones for repair but since I am planning to keep the 5S for two years why not have it covered against any type of damage?

99$ is really not much when I pay off contract prices. I hate having refurbished phones so I don't think I will ever go for a replacement unless the device is really dead, and if that happens it will only cost me 79$ not 800$!

Sent from my iPad Mini using iMore Forums mobile app

anon(279851)

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I learned the hard way in late August when my iPhone 4s's (64gb) power button became recessed. I hated it and didn't like the virtual workaround. I could either use my upgrade for the (then) iPhone 5 or swap it out for another iPhone 4s for $200. I opted for the latter in which I planned on selling on eBay to recoup the money back and still have my upgrade for the iPhone 5s. This time I opted for AppleCare in case something like that ever happened again they'd just give me a new one without consequence.

Nolander07

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
If you want the best service, get AppleCare+. It isn't the least expensive, but it's the easiest and you will not get excuses when/if it's time for a replacement.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I hadn't planned on it originally... but after getting my first replacement within 48 hours of original purchase, I went ahead and added the coverage while I was at the Apple Store. $99 isn't bad for the piece of mind over the full 2 years until my next upgrade cycle. It's like $4.16 a month.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox