• Yes

Votes: 42 79.2%
  • No

Votes: 11 20.8%

• Total voters

Xx BEN xX

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Lying and not knowing what your talking about but giving an answer anyways would still be considered lying. So yes you got lied too

Sent from my iPhone 5s

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I feel the Apple Care + for Macs is just too expensive, specially that the chances anything would go wrong with a Mac is really low.

Sent from my iPad Mini using iMore Forums mobile app

You might think that. So did I, when I bought my MacBook Air. What can go wrong, I thought. But I bought Applecare anyway. I was glad I did when, after just over a year's ownership, the solid state drive that "never fails" did fail, and had to be replaced. I always buy Applecare.

It's worth EVERY PENNY. My iMac's hard drive AND motherboard died within the first 2 years of ownership. Applecare covered both as well as the power source that died like a month before AC ran out. Clearly I got a dud....

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It's worth EVERY PENNY. My iMac's hard drive AND motherboard died within the first 2 years of ownership. Applecare covered both as well as the power source that died like a month before AC ran out. Clearly I got a dud....

I 100% agree that a warranty is well worth it on a Macbook...I've had Apple Care on every one that I owned up until this last one, where I went the Square Trade route (because of amazing service we had with our plasma TV warranty through them)...so far no issues with the MBP, but the square trade coverage was cheaper and if it's handled the same way our TV was when it went bad, it'll be well worth it.

That said, Apple Care on any Macbook is a really awesome investment.

polo2883

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
My wife just had to take her 4s to the Apple store. We had apple care on the phone and they swapped it out free of charge. The power button no longer worked.

polo2883

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
The only thing that the verizon insurance covers is a lost phone that the apple care does not cover. Apple Care will cover damaged phones with a lower deductible.

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
If you buy Apple Care or any other insurance plan, why would you put a case on it? To me it's one or the other. Just don't get it but that's just my opinion :)

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums app

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I just got it today. Now I am debating whether to keep the insurance from Verizon. Anybody have both?

I have carrier insurance and Applecare. I use the carrier insurance in the event of loss or theft, and Applecare for the rest.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I have carrier insurance and Applecare. I use the carrier insurance in the event of loss or theft, and Applecare for the rest.

I really wish AC+ would cover theft. I know it's hard for them to know if it's fraud or not. But I'd bring in a police report if that's what was required.

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
If you buy Apple Care or any other insurance plan, why would you put a case on it? To me it's one or the other. Just don't get it but that's just my opinion :)

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums app

Because I don't like having a refurb phone ever, except in case of emergency when my phone completely dies and no way to repair it.

I like enjoying my phone naked, but I go crazy when I see a scratch, and unlike the 4S I actually fell in love with the 5S before I ever get it so I really care about it.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
You have 30 days to add it, no more.

Thanks for the heads up. I have another question. If I get apple care lets say today which will extend my warranty for 2 years, then next year I decide to get the iPhone 6, will that phone be covered from the previous apple care that I bought for this phone?

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Because I don't like having a refurb phone ever, except in case of emergency when my phone completely dies and no way to repair it.

I like enjoying my phone naked, but I go crazy when I see a scratch, and unlike the 4S I actually fell in love with the 5S before I ever get it so I really care about it.

Have you recieved your 5s yet?

M.Rizk

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up. I have another question. If I get apple care lets say today which will extend my warranty for 2 years, then next year I decide to get the iPhone 6, will that phone be covered from the previous apple care that I bought for this phone?

No, but you can ask for a refund for the remaining period and get Apple Care for your iPhone 6.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR