View Poll Results: Will you get applecare+ for your 5S?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

42 79.25%
  • No

11 20.75%
    I called Apple about getting it. They said that if you want Apple Care to just call Apple right after you activate the phone and they will give it to you over the phone. But if you wait a few days/week(s), then you have to bring it in to store for damage inspection.
    I purchased my 5S on launch day & purchased AC+ over the phone Oct. 15, no questions asked.

You can either go to an Apple Store and purchase it or you have to call it in and perform a diagnostic test via a link they text you.

You do not have to take it in store.
    They never said anything about a link when I got it. I told the girl I wanted to purchase AC+ and she said ok then asked for my serial number & credit card info...that's all!!
    jmr1015 and kevinarguello like this.
    10-19-2013 07:02 PM
    My experience with applecare+...

When I got home with my phone, which was bright and shiny and full of amazingness, I went online and saw the applecare+ had not been registered. I waited a few hours, and then decided to check my receipt, and sure enough, the end date of the applecare coverage was the same day I had purchased the phone. Let's just say, I called apple wanting to know what was going on.

I ended up talking to a plan administrator, and she had to give me a "replacement plan", and now it has coverage. Just a warning if you picked it up in store, sometimes the person who completes your order can mess it up pretty bad and you will have to call. Make sure the end date on the receipt is the correct end date.
    nikkisharif and Godsdragon like this.
    10-19-2013 07:37 PM
    When I got my 5s, that was the first time I purchased AppleCare. Walked into my local Apple Store on day 10 and plunked down the $99.
    My first time too. Ordered it online at the same time that I ordered my phone.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    M.Rizk likes this.
    10-20-2013 08:28 AM
    I just got AC plus on Thursday. Went to the Apple Store because I had to pay cash. Plus gives me a chance to play with all toys.
    10-20-2013 09:34 AM
    Plus gives me a chance to play with all toys.
    I'll go out of my way sometimes just for that very reason ...
    10-20-2013 12:04 PM
    I rock with SquareTrade, not AppleCare.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    10-20-2013 06:37 PM
    I'll go out of my way sometimes just for that very reason ...
    My children pout if we walk by the Apple store in the mall and don't go in.
    10-20-2013 07:35 PM
    My children pout if we walk by the Apple store in the mall and don't go in.
    I pout if we walk by the Apple store in the mall and don't go in...
    jmr1015 and M.Rizk like this.
    10-20-2013 07:37 PM
    Maybe, but they haven't offered regular Apple Care on the iPhone for a couple of years now if I remember correctly, so it's not like it was changed this year or anything...Apple Care + has always been 30 days (and I thought started with the 4S).
    Actually, regular Applecare is still available for iPhones. You just have to ask for it, and it is available as long as the original warranty is still valid.
    10-20-2013 10:45 PM
    Actually, regular Applecare is still available for iPhones. You just have to ask for it, and it is available as long as the original warranty is still valid.
    What do you mean by regular Apple Care?
    10-20-2013 11:26 PM
    What do you mean by regular Apple Care?
    It does not have the two replacements option. But the price is only $69.
    10-20-2013 11:39 PM
    And here is the Apple Care + plan I got it's my iPhone 5A purchase <3
    Who's getting applecare for their 5S?-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1382353836.345075.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iMore Forums mobile app
    Eileen89 and nikkisharif like this.
    10-21-2013 06:10 AM
    I very rarely, if ever, buy the extended warranty on anything. I've never carried insurance and I've never broken a phone before. Here's knocking on wood that my iPhone won't be the first.
    10-21-2013 02:37 PM
    I very rarely, if ever, buy the extended warranty on anything. I've never carried insurance and I've never broken a phone before. Here's knocking on wood that my iPhone won't be the first.
    Same here, but the iPhone 5S comes with a 64 GB which in my opinion is future proof for at least two more smartphone generations from Apple so I said why not get Apple Care + to keep safe along this period.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iMore Forums mobile app
    10-21-2013 02:40 PM
    I simply bought the AC+ because its my first iPhone since the first iPhone 2g back in 07 .. I've seen so many broken screens in the past 6 years, I dont want to be another statistic. I also bought the apple leather case.. No screen protector though, I dont like how they feel.
    10-21-2013 09:31 PM
    I simply bought the AC+ because its my first iPhone since the first iPhone 2g back in 07 .. I've seen so many broken screens in the past 6 years, I dont want to be another statistic. I also bought the apple leather case.. No screen protector though, I dont like how they feel.
    Try a matte anti-glare protector. I normally hate screen protectors as well, but the anti-glare anti-fingerprint protectors from Tech Armor are so buttery smooth with their matte finish, it's actually better than a bare screen, in my opinion. Plus, they're like $6 for a 3-pack on Amazon.
    10-21-2013 11:01 PM
    I went with Square trade for 3 years of coverage. I trade up every year and steal my kids upgrades and my old phone always become hand me downs. The coverage is more for them than me in 2-3 years anyway
    10-22-2013 10:23 AM
    Added before it was even unboxed... Must need for anyone... Those that don't regret it later on....
    11-26-2013 12:40 PM
    I always get it....just in case. I also got it on my iPad and cover my MacBook Pro on my Personal Articles Insurance Policy. Good to have just in case.
    11-26-2013 11:48 PM
    Always.
    11-27-2013 11:22 AM
    I got mine.. Rather have just in case something goes wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    11-27-2013 11:56 AM
    I have never dropped my phones or broken any of them so I don't like to get insurance on them but I do get asurion insurance incase I ever lose a phone or get it stolen which has happened at least twice since I had iPhone so that's always good to have that. For breaking my phone I don't need apple care.
    11-27-2013 12:11 PM
    I have never broken or lost a smart phone so for the first time with my 5s I declined all insurance. It does make me a little nervous but I like the money I am saving. I have 4 lines on my plan and my 2 kids always get the hand-me-down phones when I upgrade. As a result I always have a couple extra upgrades available so I figure my upgrades are my insurance now.
    12-01-2013 08:11 PM
123 ... 345