Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes
    iMore Pro

659 Posts
    Global Posts
    730 Global Posts

Default Re: Touch ID not recognizing finger

If your have Siri starting you certainly aren't using the fingerprint scanner correctly. I have experienced wet hands during rain and attempted to use it and it failed, but outside of that I'd say my success rate is at about 98%. I give the 2% fail in having it fail while my hands were wet. Nonetheless I think it works as advertised and I am damn sure not turning it off.

My son purchase a iPhone 5S as well, he initially had issues with his, but I watched him doing his scans and I immediately understood why his was failing so often. It isn't rocket science, but some people just don't get the concept of how to move the finger/thumb around while scanning to have a higher success rate for it to match. This is user issues in my opinion!
    iMore Newbie

21 Posts

I've had no issues, when I set mine up I made sure I rolled my finger into all the barely used spots, so when I touch it it even picks up the tip.

The only way it doesn't work is if I stay in the shower and get old man hands...😄

Sent from my iPhone 5s, while being awesome at the same time.
    iMore Beginner

65 Posts

The touch ID is sporadically not working for me. When it reads, it reads perfectly and unlocks fine but there are times it won't read at all. Doesn't give me an error. The screen just goes back off as if there was no input. It looks clean to me but I have to press the button multiple times and wipe the area to get it to start reading again
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12