Should I Or Wait?!?!?

kristopherlarry

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
So While @ Work I Popped Into My Local Best Buy Right Before They Closed & Found They Had 1 32g Silver 5S... They Also Had 1 32g Gold On Hold But Could Release It To Me Wed. Morn At 1000 If That Person Doesn't Claim It @ That time...

My Struggle Is Should I Grab The Silver In The Morn Or Gamble For The Gold Wed. Morn?!?!?

Ps... I Also Ordered The Gold From Apple But Won't Get It To Nov. 1.... I Figured I'd Cancelled If I Got Lucky...

Sent From The State Of Ohio...

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
If you've already ordered the gold one then that must mean you want that colour. I'd wait for Wednesday and see if the gold becomes available. If not, you've still got a gold one coming to you in a couple of weeks. :)

kristopherlarry

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
If The Gold Comes Available Wed. Will I Be Ok To Get It Even Though VZW Recognizes Me As Ordering One From Apple W/My Upgrade?!?!? Obviously I Would Cancel After The Fact... Just Don't Wanna Look Like A Tool @ BB Trying To Use My Upgrade...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
If The Gold Comes Available Wed. Will I Be Ok To Get It Even Though VZW Recognizes Me As Ordering One From Apple W/My Upgrade?!?!? Obviously I Would Cancel After The Fact... Just Don't Wanna Look Like A Tool @ BB Trying To Use My Upgrade...

Guess you have to see if it will work like that...my guess, is, since you've processed an order for a contract priced phone, it probably won't, because if you proceed with the purchase at Best Buy, and then also accept the charges for the ordered phone from Apple, you'd essentially be getting two contract priced phones when you should only be able to receive one. It's going to foul up on one end or the other...my guess is, Best Buy's network check with Verizon isn't going to allow it to give you the discounted price.

kristopherlarry

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Guess you have to see if it will work like that...my guess, is, since you've processed an order for a contract priced phone, it probably won't, because if you proceed with the purchase at Best Buy, and then also accept the charges for the ordered phone from Apple, you'd essentially be getting two contract priced phones when you should only be able to receive one. It's going to foul up on one end or the other...my guess is, Best Buy's network check with Verizon isn't going to allow it to give you the discounted price.

Good Point... I Just Know Apple Hasn't Charged My Credit Card Yet & Was Hoping This Allowed Me To Sneak One At The Store Before It Switched To "Preparing Shipment"

Look Like Nov. 1 Is Gonna Be A Continued Journey...

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Good Point... I Just Know Apple Hasn't Charged My Credit Card Yet & Was Hoping This Allowed Me To Sneak One At The Store Before It Switched To "Preparing Shipment"

Look Like Nov. 1 Is Gonna Be A Continued Journey...

Worst they can say is no. I'd still try if you're really anxious to get the 5S. Explain to them the situation, and perhaps there is a work around they know of.

perryfamily10

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
What about going in there and if the have the phone canceling the order with Apple that would release the upgrade. Not sure how long it takes maybe you could call and ask

therandomone

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
You will still get your upgrade price up until you activate the phone at time of purchase/shipment. I was afraid of this too, when I ordered my 5s from Best Buy for in store pickup, they charged my card, but then sold my phone to somebody else. Even though it was still on order at Best Buy, I was able to get my upgrade price at the Apple store. So I made my purchase at the Apple store then cancelled my order from Best Buy.

kristopherlarry

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
You will still get your upgrade price up until you activate the phone at time of purchase/shipment. I was afraid of this too, when I ordered my 5s from Best Buy for in store pickup, they charged my card, but then sold my phone to somebody else. Even though it was still on order at Best Buy, I was able to get my upgrade price at the Apple store. So I made my purchase at the Apple store then cancelled my order from Best Buy.

Perfect 👍 Thanks For The Info...

km12345

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Gold is the best my friend! You can always to the back of apple store n they give you good deals! Jk

Wait cuz gold is pimpness. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

sunnysideup22125

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

I think this must depend on carrier or where you ordered. I ordered my iPhones through apple and according to AT&T my upgrades have been used since I placed that order and I don't have upgrade pricing available anymore. If I decide to cancel the order it can take 24hrs for my upgrade to reappear. I think when you're ordering through best buy that they are pretty much pulling a phone from their shipment and marking it for you but it's not an officially processed order until you come in and go through the actual motions of upgrading.

I've opted to wait for my order to be filled but I've been tempted to cancel and just chance it. If not for the fact that I'm on a family plan that requires my mother be present for me to purchase at apple I would have canceled and taken my chances checking stores.

On Order: 64gb GOLD 5s AT&T
Ordered: 11:04 am est 9/20
Order Status: processing...est shipping Oct 24-28 delivery by Nov 1
Mental Status: questionable...the longer I wait the more crazed I become about checking my order status.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

I don't think this is accurate at all. There's too much "grey area" to allow such, and carriers have their upgrade system fairly streamlined and locked down.

anon(279851)

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
So While @ Work I Popped Into My Local Best Buy Right Before They Closed & Found They Had 1 32g Silver 5S... They Also Had 1 32g Gold On Hold But Could Release It To Me Wed. Morn At 1000 If That Person Doesn't Claim It @ That time...

My Struggle Is Should I Grab The Silver In The Morn Or Gamble For The Gold Wed. Morn?!?!?

Ps... I Also Ordered The Gold From Apple But Won't Get It To Nov. 1.... I Figured I'd Cancelled If I Got Lucky...

Get what you can, man.

therandomone

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
I don't think this is accurate at all. There's too much "grey area" to allow such, and carriers have their upgrade system fairly streamlined and locked down.
I'm just speaking from my own experience. I went through the whole process of buying/upgrading through Best Buy's website. I entered in all my AT&T info and they charged my credit card for it. Since I didn't get the phone, I went to Apple and got the phone from them, then cancelled my order with Best Buy. The guy at the Apple Store was the one who explained to me that since Best Buy never activated the phone, that meant my upgrade was still eligible.