What are the things you love about the new 5S?

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Before I received it (and even within the first couple of days of getting it), I wasn't overly thrilled or even really interested in the fingerprint scanner. Now...it's second nature to unlock my phone like this, and the feature works flawlessly. I really find it rather nice, convenient and most of all, secure.

The camera is just awesome. It truly is. The things I wished for on previous iPhone cameras are present...Now I can only hope that Apple takes a page from Nokia, and implements a more functional zoom feature in the future. Once the zoom function allows for a more legitimate use of such, this camera will be damn near perfect. The flash works good for what it is, but this type of flash is just not ever going to serve as a proper legitimate camera flash.

Everything else kind of becomes redundant, because they are things I have loved about the iPhone for many generations now.

Lol-same here! I didn't even set up the fingerprint scanner for the first couple of weeks. Have a pass code-required for work, so it wasn't about being lazy. I was having so much fun with the camera that hardly anything else mattered.

Set it up a week ago and LOVE IT! I now keep placing my thumb over the home button on iPad mini, expecting it to do something. If Oct 22 brings word of iPad mini with fingerprint sensor, I fear I will be sold. That plus retina display and a decent speed boost, that is...

rahrah12

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
for me -my old phone that I upgraded from had terrible battery life, especially in the last few months...so battery life is one thing I love about the 5S...I like the fingerprint ID...otherwise i'd have the passcode turned off since it is more of a nuisance...

The speed is nice also...

imandroid

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Coming from multiple devices the 5s is the best I device to date that I have used love the fingerprint id and overall speed of the phone.

With touch id i still try to use it on my iPad mini also lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

marzjones

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm in love with my 5s. First off, this is my first apple phone so you know the relief of switching over from droid. Its simply beautiful, sophisticated, and all around better. I like the look and feel of it the most. Other things that I love include, the finger print scanner, camera, and the interface is beautiful.

psiclne

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
Touch ID - when I first heard about it, I thought oh it's just a gimmick. I use it all the time and when I unlock my iPad mini I find myself waiting for for it to unlock.

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Before I received it (and even within the first couple of days of getting it), I wasn't overly thrilled or even really interested in the fingerprint scanner. Now...it's second nature to unlock my phone like this, and the feature works flawlessly. I really find it rather nice, convenient and most of all, secure.

I agree with you on that. I love the fingerprint scanner. I find myself trying to open my boyfriends 5C with my finger and forget that his doesn't have finger scanner. I even did it on my friends iPhone 4S it's just habit now.

joshrocker

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
While I realize it's old for most of you, this was my first iPhone. I love the design. I still find myself looking at the finer point of the design during my day to day use. I love the high quality feel of the phone. It really looks and feels like a high quality luxury device. My Samsung Galaxy S2 (while a decent device) always felt so cheap.

goodevening

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I love the camera and the touch id. I have never had a password on my phone before now because I was too lazy to type it in. Now I have one just to play with the touch id.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I thought I responded to this a while ago, maybe that was another post but I love the touchID and how secure it is. With my passcode I would only have it set to lock every 4 hours, but now I can just hold my finger there to unlock my phone and my phone is forever locked (except when I'm using it, of course). I love the camera too. I'm a sucker for phone cameras!

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app

LordLugard

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
I like the overall responsiveness. I've always used iOS since the iPod Touch so I'm no novice. Before the 5s my main device is/was a Note 2, which I still keep as a backup.
Very impressed with battery life after turning off all the unnecessary sundry stuff. After a work day, still at 60% battery life most days.
Like the barely there weight factor. In fact I find it too light.
Always liked the iTunes music app and now iTunes Radio makes it even better.
Don't take much pictures or videos but quality and speed is very good. I do wish one could reduce video res to less than 1080p like on Android. Video files are just unnecessary too big. I don't need 1080p all the time. In fact I'm fine with 1280x720, 720x480 videos.

dtblair24

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I carry an HTC one as well but I am surprised how much I like this phone. I am really loving this fingerprint scanner. Some folks act like it is just whatever but I can't get enough of it. So dang convenient and it is so fast.
Also impressed with the camera and that slo-mo feature. I wanted the gold but this gunmetal gray is pretty sweet.

RollTideFanGrl

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Coming from Blackberry, must admit I love everything about my Iphone. Speed, Apps, updates, camera,better reception, and this list can go on and on..I still my blackberry, but definitely happy with my Iphone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods