Replacement 5S Sim Tray?

chrgnthru

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
So I went back to my HTC One just to make sure I was happy with the 5S and wanted to keep it. I decided to keep it. I went to AT&T got my new sim but it was incredibly busy so they just handed me my sim since I told them I can handle setting it up. Went to eject my sim tray with a paper clip and nothing. The damn thing didn't spring up and there was no denying it was just plain stuck. I had no choice but to try and pry it open, carefully ofcourse. I got the sim tray out no problem but when I grabbed it I noticed it was slightly bent. So now the sim tray doesn't close completely. I setup a appointment for tomorrow with the "geniuses" to hopefully get a replacement tray. Does anyone know if that's something Apple carries around, I'd imagine they do. However they'll probably say it was my fault which can really be argued either way. If they try that i'll just have to point out that the built in "Level" or whatever it's called isn't accurate, so they'll have to replace it anyway. I think.

Worst case i've seen some on sale through amazon or ebay just hope they're the real things.

Chris Parsons

Oct 30, 2007
Visit site
As far as I know Apple does have replacement SIM trays. It shouldn't be a problem getting a new one out of them, just tell them the truth of how it happened. The only thing different about it will be that it won't have any markings on it like the original, no big deal.

chrgnthru

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
As far as I know Apple does have replacement SIM trays. It shouldn't be a problem getting a new one out of them, just tell them the truth of how it happened. The only thing different about it will be that it won't have any markings on it like the original, no big deal.

What do you mean by not having any markings?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I had to order a replacement sin card tray for my iPad mini. I popped it out and it fell in a crevice that was too thin in my car to pull out. It cost $8 from Apple to order. Had it in 2 days. So yeah warranty or not, Genius Bar can order one.

chrgnthru

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Trip to the apple store was great. Got my issue resolved no problem. The ejector was apperantly busted so they replaced that and got a new sim tray.

chrgnthru

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Amazing how they have gotten so good at repairing devices on the spot. I love apples customer service.

Absolutely. That's one of the reasons I came back to the iPhone. If I have a issue with my device take it into the apple store and usually im out within 30 minutes with a working device. Any other company you gotta send in your device and for me that just doesn't work.

khaliya

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
hello i couldn't help but acknowledge that your problem was extremely similar to mine and i was thinking of going to the apple and getting a new sim tray did they charge you anything i should probably know about ?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW