Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Chris Parsons
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

Default I will admit, I was tempted by the Robot

I almost bought the Note 3 , I almost bought the S4 , and I almost , almost - oh so close but the HTC One - but NO!, I couldn't , I've been an Iphone user since day 1 Imac too and I love my Ipad2 but those phones are beasts , bigger screens , more freedom, yadda however, in the end - they aren't better than the Iphone. The HTC ONe isn't better than the 4s let alone 5 up ...it's the OS - the Android OS , after a 2 week trial is nothing more than slop , it freezes, there's boxes everywhere, there's no uniformity , it feels ...cheap...it feels like a knockoff. Maybe it isn't but I can't get the thought outta my head that when I'm using Android, I'm using a fughazi OS , it feels 2nd rate.
    I have to say I never felt that from Blackberry, they were who they were; an email text system .

My only gripe with Apple is real estate, gimmie a tade more width & screen. Not 5 but like 4.6 , would be perfect.

End rant.
    Super Moderator

Global Posts
    569 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: I will admit, I was tempted by the Robot

Ehh, use what works best for you. Gotta love having choice though.
    Chris Parsons
    Twitter: @Bla1ze

[ Mobile Nations Sites: Android, iOS, Windows Phone, BlackBerry ]
    Heisenberg likes this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,563 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

go ahead and get the robot. you will be banished from here. forever.
    iMore Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by ClickClack View Post
    I almost bought the Note 3 , I almost bought the S4 , and I almost , almost - oh so close but the HTC One - but NO!, I couldn't , I've been an Iphone user since day 1 Imac too and I love my Ipad2 but those phones are beasts , bigger screens , more freedom, yadda however, in the end - they aren't better than the Iphone. The HTC ONe isn't better than the 4s let alone 5 up ...it's the OS - the Android OS , after a 2 week trial is nothing more than slop , it freezes, there's boxes everywhere, there's no uniformity , it feels ...cheap...it feels like a knockoff. Maybe it isn't but I can't get the thought outta my head that when I'm using Android, I'm using a fughazi OS , it feels 2nd rate.
    I have to say I never felt that from Blackberry, they were who they were; an email text system .

My only gripe with Apple is real estate, gimmie a tade more width & screen. Not 5 but like 4.6 , would be perfect.

End rant.
    I agree with you mate. I've used android devices and they feel cheap. The is is not smooth. There is heaps of lag and freezing. I've boon using iOS since the iPhone 4. I'm more than happy with it. It works like a charm. Bigger screens aren't all of that. They last for like a few days, but I would rather have a product that will work effortless than and android product that doesn't work properly.
    I had a mate that bought the note 3 which looks awesome. But when I tested it out with my 5s, it didn't run as smooth.
    I'm glad you choose what made you happy.
    iMore Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by ClickClack View Post

End rant.
    A bigger screen? Mmm
    I like havering the ability of using one hand with this phone. Having to use 2 hands would be best the purpose don't you think ?
    But each to there own I guess. The android platform needs growth in there products. What I can say is they do make interesting features , they hold down the innovation by introducing gestures that make the phone a cool experience.
    But nothing can come close to apples platforms.
    I guess we both know that lol.
    I guess the iPhone 6 would have something different too offer on the table. Maybe a bigger screen? Apple knows what's best

Sent from the beast , the iPhone 5S

Strong believer in choosing in what is best for your needs.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by onako View Post
    A bigger screen? Mmm
    I like havering the ability of using one hand with this phone. Having to use 2 hands would be best the purpose don't you think ?
    But each to there own I guess. The android platform needs growth in there products.
    From my experience, there is a sweet spot for screen sizes. Definitely the 3.5" screens of prior iPhones are too small. I'd say the iPhone 5 screen is still a bit small. On the other hand a Note 3 or Mega is too big- but it would be funny to take out a phablet with a 6.3" screen and make calls on it. My S3 screen size seems just about right, which is 4.8". You can for the most part use the phone with one hand, but I think that is because Android has a back button. Generally with the iPhone the "back" button is on the top of the screen (i.e. when you want to scroll back to another screen). So if you can move the ability to navigate to the bottom of the screen, it would work well.

I did read this report where Android is killing iPhone when you compare their bigger screen sized offerings to the iPhone. But the iPhone is killing Android sales when you look at Android phones with similar screen sizes (i.e. S4 mini, etc). And among my coworkers who use Android, quite a few will say, "I got used to the screen size." And the iPhone users say, "I wish I could have a bigger screen size, so I'll look into Android as my next phone."

So if the iPhone 6 will come out with a bigger screen size, it will be interesting to see what happens to sales of the S4, HTC phones, etc.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    736 Global Posts

you'd be back in a week or two after you bought an android. always the case
    iMore Nanite

Apple cant be that bothered about screen size otherwise they would have increased it with the 5s. As for competition in future...its always going to be there. Screen size wont be the issue next year but something new. It never ends. Whats important for phone manufacturers is that it keeps us interested and talking about them which in turn = $$$ ! Screens will probably start getting smaller again or different types of screens available that fold or stretch to your liking. Apple know what is going to be on the shelves in 2 years time..we don't!!