Buying 5s need advice please

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
So im buying the 5s as soon as i can get my hands on one. Iv'e tried every apple store by walking in and checking the availability online and still have not had any luck. I am trying to get a black verizon 64GB one. I am worried to order it online because i feel that it will take a month to come to my house. Iv'e heard some people saying they received them in a week to their house ordering online. Should I keep checking availability or go ahead and order on the website? thanks

PhxBlue

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
I was the same way. I had one on order but continued to check availability online till i saw them popup in the local Apple Store. I immediately ordered one and set it to be picked up. As soon as I got the email stating that my order was in fact ready to be picked up i immediately went online and cancelled the one i had on order since Apple allows you to so do and they don't charge you until it ships.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I was the same way. I had one on order but continued to check availability online till i saw them popup in the local Apple Store. I immediately ordered one and set it to be picked up. As soon as I got the email stating that my order was in fact ready to be picked up i immediately went online and cancelled the one i had on order since Apple allows you to so do and they don't charge you until it ships.

Couldn't have said it better myself....order one online as a backup (they don't charge until it's shipped), keep searching and if you find one then grab it and cancel your online order.

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
iv'e been checking the availability online for 5 days and yet to see any stores have any. if i do order how long you think i will have to wait since im getting a 64GB one?

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Well I think in time the ordering process will get better. I have no idea when. You could wait until the shipping time changes on Apples site. Maybe soon it will say 1-2 weeks or it could say November in the next few weeks. In the meantime keep checking the stores you could get lucky. I got lucky the Tuesday after opening weekend on a 64 Space Grey only one in a Sprint store.

A few weeks ago it seemed the Space Grey 64 was the straggler because of the demand of the Gold and Silver. But now people may be jumping on Space Grey when it gets in stock. It's a hard call on what to do.

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
i dunno why they went away from the all black! that was so sleek looking. the space grey almost looks like the black iphone4. hows the grey 5s look in person?

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
ya its tough to tell what the space grey really looks like. all i know is that the all black 5 was badass and was hoping they kept it the same color. i just wanna get one and every time i check online they are never available

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
iv'e been checking the availability online for 5 days and yet to see any stores have any. if i do order how long you think i will have to wait since im getting a 64GB one?

Instead of just looking online, call. Call Verizon stores, call best buy, call apple stores, call radio shack, call everyone around you! Looking online won't be updated as quickly as it seems.

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
its funny cause when u call the apple stores most of the time they sound very vague about if they have them or not. it almost seems like they do have them but wont tell you over the phone

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
i dunno why they went away from the all black! that was so sleek looking. the space grey almost looks like the black iphone4. hows the grey 5s look in person?

The Space Grey looks great in person. Nice contrast with the black top and bottom and the brushed metal sides. More subtle than the Silver or Gold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
how does it compare to the all black that the iphone5 had?

I can only go by a Black Slate one my buddy has. He has the problem with chipping of the finish. I don't think the Space Grey will have that issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Chris Parsons

Oct 30, 2007
Visit site
You could always check this new service that was recently set up out - iPhone Availability Tracker - iPhone 5S Availability Email Alerts It checks any Apple stores near you and emails you when your input criteria becomes available. I'm not sure how well it works as of yet, due to myself just signing up for it today but it can't hurt I suppose unless you're super suspicious about who you share your email addy with.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Apple.com is now showing 2-3 weeks shipping so they are nailing it down to a time frame. Maybe in 2-3 weeks it will be down to 7 days or 24 hours.