No sim tool in box

Fischkind#IM

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
All models I have purchases in canada, Rogers bell and telus multiple of each all had the sim remover tool, must be the USA version which doesn't come with it.

anon6040766

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I actually think that the SIM tool is necessary regardless if you have an unlocked or carrier iPhone. Example, I'm with Verizon. Was using a BlackBerry Z10 when I decided to get the 5s. After a few days I wasn't really liking the iPhone. Using Verizon's website, I switched devices which requires you to enter the SIM # to activate the phone. Well, a few days later decided to give the iPhone another chance (so happy I did, now that I'm use to the 5s it's amazing). When I went to switch on the website I needed the SIM # from the iPhone, but the phone needs to turned off to switch. So you need to open the drawer to get to the SIM. I just used a paper clip. You can call me Bond, James Bond

Sent from my iPhone 5s on Verizon from Philly.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I actually think that the SIM tool is necessary regardless if you have an unlocked or carrier iPhone. Example, I'm with Verizon. Was using a BlackBerry Z10 when I decided to get the 5s. After a few days I wasn't really liking the iPhone. Using Verizon's website, I switched devices which requires you to enter the SIM # to activate the phone. Well, a few days later decided to give the iPhone another chance (so happy I did, now that I'm use to the 5s it's amazing). When I went to switch on the website I needed the SIM # from the iPhone, but the phone needs to turned off to switch. So you need to open the drawer to get to the SIM. I just used a paper clip. You can call me Bond, James Bond.

I don’t disagree with anything you said... but what I reported was what the guy at the Genius Bar told me. Take it for what it’s worth.

polaria

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I bought my phone from carrier and my 5S came with sim-tool. Then again that was not in US, so it might be different there.

anon6040766

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I don?t disagree with anything you said... but what I reported was what the guy at the Genius Bar told me. Take it for what it?s worth.

No worries, it makes sense from Apple's point of view and even the carrier's point of view. But as a consumer, it's simple we should get the tool. My comment wasn't directed at you, sorry if you took it that way

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
No worries, it makes sense from Apple's point of view and even the carrier's point of view. But as a consumer, it's simple we should get the tool. My comment wasn't directed at you, sorry if you took it that way

I didn't. Just clarifying.

I can’t imagine that those tools cost more than a fraction of a penny to product... would be a nice gesture on Apple's part to include one... especially since the original iPhone had them all the way up to at least the 3GS. But it’s a nit. It’s not like anyone is majorly inconvenienced because they don’t give you one...

kd7irm

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
On launch day at the Verizon store (iphone 5s 64g) the included SIM card would not activate, they had to try 3 SIM cards before it would work, an included tool would have come in handy that day.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Paper clips works but make sure they are small enough. My coworker scratched up the hole on his iPhone using a paperclip that was too big. The ear ring trick works great. I have collected about 10 SIM eject tools over the years. Always have one handy.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73