Screen Turns on by Itself

07GD SFD

May 21, 2011
Visit site
For the past few weeks I've had an issue with my phone where the screen will automatically illuminate on its own. I thought perhaps there was a notification of sorts but each time I check after the screen turns on, there aren't any notifications of any sort. Has anyone else experienced this?

As a side note, I figured I'd perform a reboot. After doing so, none of my previously stored fingerprints were there anymore. I had to set them all up again.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I suggest you backup your device, put it in DFU mode and restore it. Afterwards, set it up as a new device. If that doesn't help, make a genius bar appointment with the nearest Apple Store.

07GD SFD

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Ok, thanks. Unfortunately the closest Apple store is hours away so hopefully your first recommendation works.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I've had issues dating back to the iPhone 4 where if I would reboot the phone, my brightness and some sound settings would restore
back to factory. It sounds like it's the same issue plaguing the saved fingerprints. Hope a replacement helps. I just have a sneaky
suspicion it's iOS related.

fegatino

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi everybody!
I had the same problem and i tought it Was water trough the home button. So i tried to dry my phone using a vacuum pump (..from my work - ac plants..) and it worked!!!

aera

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I have a simliar issue. My phone isn't illuminating by itself. But when I hit the home button to get into my phone it will start rapid firing off screen shots. I think I have a faulty power button.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice