Is the glass on the iPhone 5s Flush or slightly raised?

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I wound up getting my phone on launch day at Radio Shack, the only one that hand any in stock. I watched as they opened the box so I know it was sealed. However today I started to notice a rough edge on the phone. I took the leather case off (Apple Leather) and noticed that the screen is about a 1mm or maybe even 2mm over the edge of the rim, enough I can use my fingernail to trace the edge evenly around the phone. It's not one side or another. I don't remember that on the 4s. Maybe that was because of the Slipstopper I had on it, and just forgot.

Question .. is your phone totally 100% flush or is the glass raised a tiny drop.

Same with the home button, is there a rough edge?

Craig

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The glass is indeed raised a bit on the iPhone 5 and I assume it is the same with the 5S. The photos depicts a raised display.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Perfect, thanks.. I just did not notice it until I moved it from the other case into the Leather case from Apple.

The glass is indeed raised a bit on the iPhone 5 and I assume it is the same with the 5S. The photos depicts a raised display.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
+1 the screen is ever so slightly raised above the metal chassis by design. No where near as much as the 4/4S screen and back plate, but it just isn't quite flush.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Fwiw I believe it was Ally who mentioned that the 5C is much more of a flush fit screen, if you prefer that.

km12345

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
There goes the thought of using tempered glass screen protector, or does it to matter?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW