Screen heat

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Is it normal for the heat from the screen to make designs on your screen that looks like water got in there? You can't see it unless you Shine it on the light. I think I remember when I had my 3GS. I had such a tight case it made air bubbles & Marks. Do you guys know what I mean by this?

Sent from my 5s iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Is it normal for the heat from the screen to make designs on your screen that looks like water got in there? You can't see it unless you Shine it on the light. I think I remember when I had my 3GS. I had such a tight case it made air bubbles & Marks. Do you guys know what I mean by this?

Can u provide a SS? Heat shouldn't distort the picture or affect the screen unless it was EXTREMELY hot or left in direct sunlight for a long period of time

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No doubt, and you might want to take a trip to the nearest Apple Store and get it swapped out for another one.

metacuate

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Can u provide a SS? Heat shouldn't distort the picture or affect the screen unless it was EXTREMELY hot or left in direct sunlight for a long period of time

If it is heat related, only a picture would be useful... Probably wouldnt show up in a screen shot

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
It's probably just the case, hugging the screen. Don't you thinkImageUploadedByiMore Forums1381270427.410156.jpg

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm outside in the sun & don't see it as much because my phone was asleep

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Are you talking about the Lifeproof case contact to screen oil slicks

I got them can only see them when the screen is off.

No big issue

Sent from my iPhone 5

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I have an otter box. Yes, it is the screen oil slicks. Is that caused by the heat of the screen?

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
All cases with screen covers will have a pillow effect causing to screen to have a rainbow effect and oil markings. Even though you clean the screen you will always have this. Just my two cents

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I have an otter box. Yes, it is the screen oil slicks. Is that caused by the heat of the screen?

That's normal with cases that have a built-in screen protector. The screen protector is just getting stuck to the phone at different pressure points. This doesn't harm the phone at all, it's just a bit annoying.

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
do they go away after so long? I guess it's better then having those air bubbles in the old protectors..lol

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
do they go away after so long? I guess it's better then having those air bubbles in the old protectors..lol

I found I get more of them on humid days but they do diminish from time to time

Sent from my iPhone 5

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Take that screen cover that's built into the case and put u a real one on there. That's what I do. Just press with ur fingers and pop it out. Clean off the excess glue and put a spigen sp on there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
after all this time I was just able to squeeze my phone & the "oil slicks" come out. Just annoying!!!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner