Selling 32gb by yourself? Difficult or easy vs selling 16gb?

kristopherlarry

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Never Had Problems Selling Mine... Usually Goes The First Day I Post It... Haven't Had A 16g Tho... Always 32g...

Good Luck...

Sent From The State Of Ohio...

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I don't see it being easier or more difficult than selling a 16gb. You may get responses from people who are trying to lowball you, but just explain that due to the gb it is going to cost more than a 16gb device.

Most people who know the phone, the prices, and are looking for a 32gb iPhone shouldn't be shocked...unless you are way overpricing the device!

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it's easier or more difficult. As long as you get the right buyer and you don't have it overpriced. Also, at the same time don't give it away. Good luck.

km12345

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Alright, I don't plan to keep it for long, just wanted to make sure selling it at fair price later on will not be more of a challenge than a 16gb.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Alright, I don't plan to keep it for long, just wanted to make sure selling it at fair price later on will not be more of a challenge than a 16gb.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

No, it won't be more of a challenge. People who want a higher gb phone KNOW they want one and actively look for the gb listed.

JOEY NEAT

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
Until recently I owned a bar and bought my patrons broken iphones and repaired them just to sell. I have sold all iphones, all sizes all carriers. I usually sell on Craigslist and they don't last the day. There is a buyer for all memory sizes.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I've never had any problems selling any of my iPhone's, and I've done it right at the release time of the new devices every year like clock work...I haven't had a 16GB model since the 3GS, so most of my experience has been with selling the 32GB variants, and I always make exactly what I expect to every single year. The key is condition, but also offering things that people are really looking for...

- With the iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4, people were still kind of new to the jailbreaking world, so jailbroken models were cream of the crop...selling both as "already jailbroken" made for very easy sales.
- The iPhone 4S was more of the carrier pull and color...the AT&T phones are always the quickest sellers, but the white AT&T models with the 4S sold like hot cakes. I happened to have a black model, but it was unlocked (since I bought it at full retail like I've done ever since).
- The iPhone 5 was almost completely centered on being "carrier unlocked", and while you could do that using the online services, my iPhone 5 was, again, full retail so it was unlocked officially, and was a simple sell at that point.

...like we were discussing in the other thread, there really isn't much difference at all between the 16GB and 32GB models...and really, only a slightly less valuation on the 64GB at the 1 year point. Where you really start to see depreciation is at the 2-3 year mark...the 16GB and 32GB models hold at about the same level of value drop, but the 64GB model REALLY takes a hit at that point, dropping to just a hair over the 32GB model's valuation, and I think it's really because the 64GB (up to this point) have not been all that popular...which really made me laugh when so many people were clamoring for Apple to release a 128GB iPhone...as it was really a TINY little niche market that wanted it.

Just to put this out there, I've never had any of my iPhone's on the "market" for sale for more than about a day before I had a solid buyer lined up. I even found a buyer this year willing to wait until I had my new 5S IN HAND before he took possession of it...that is a rarity really, but it was someone I knew too so that helped.

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I agree with Sean and have had the same experience....you will start getting crazy emails about 15 minutes after you put it up (thats how long for craigslist takes to actually post the ad). Just make sure the transaction seems legit, and I would HIGHLY recommend meeting at a carrier store.

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I've never had any problems selling any of my iPhone's, and I've done it right at the release time of the new devices every year like clock work...I haven't had a 16GB model since the 3GS, so most of my experience has been with selling the 32GB variants, and I always make exactly what I expect to every single year. The key is condition, but also offering things that people are really looking for...

- With the iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4, people were still kind of new to the jailbreaking world, so jailbroken models were cream of the crop...selling both as "already jailbroken" made for very easy sales.
- The iPhone 4S was more of the carrier pull and color...the AT&T phones are always the quickest sellers, but the white AT&T models with the 4S sold like hot cakes. I happened to have a black model, but it was unlocked (since I bought it at full retail like I've done ever since).
- The iPhone 5 was almost completely centered on being "carrier unlocked", and while you could do that using the online services, my iPhone 5 was, again, full retail so it was unlocked officially, and was a simple sell at that point.

...like we were discussing in the other thread, there really isn't much difference at all between the 16GB and 32GB models...and really, only a slightly less valuation on the 64GB at the 1 year point. Where you really start to see depreciation is at the 2-3 year mark...the 16GB and 32GB models hold at about the same level of value drop, but the 64GB model REALLY takes a hit at that point, dropping to just a hair over the 32GB model's valuation, and I think it's really because the 64GB (up to this point) have not been all that popular...which really made me laugh when so many people were clamoring for Apple to release a 128GB iPhone...as it was really a TINY little niche market that wanted it.

Just to put this out there, I've never had any of my iPhone's on the "market" for sale for more than about a day before I had a solid buyer lined up. I even found a buyer this year willing to wait until I had my new 5S IN HAND before he took possession of it...that is a rarity really, but it was someone I knew too so that helped.

Makes sense that 64GB takes more of a hit further out than the 16 and 32: the people who want 64 and the people who are hyperventilating at the thought of next launch are one in the same (pointing finger at self). Those who want 64 must have NEWEST 64!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal